9 (A WANTED WOMAN)

It was when Jenna woke up the next morning to a terrible headache from last night that she took the time to recall the events in the woods

She remembered the bonfire and having fun with Craig, and it seemed like that fun was short-lived when she suddenly heard something and ran off. Then, she found herself in the other dimension, along with Nancy Wheeler. When she got back to the woods, there was Jonathan Byers, Carter Page, and Dana Sellers as well. The fight with Craig was next, something that she regretted happening, then she came home.

It didn't seem real that it all happened, but it did, and it changed a lot of things about what was going on in this town. Jenna also had even more questions than before. This was all just a big mess from the beginning.

Jenna got out of bed and went downstairs to find her mom already sitting at the kitchen table with her coffee. She was nervous as she approached her, knowing that she was about to get a lecture. "Morning, Mom," she said, sitting down across from her.

"Good morning, Jenna," she replied, taking a sip from her mug. "Did you have fun last night?"

Jenna groaned as she felt her headache take over. "Oh, it was one to remember." She paused, raising her eyebrows. "What did you and Chief Hopper do all day yesterday after you left work with him?"

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "How do you know that?"

"I called you so I could tell you about the party, but your boss said you left with Chief Hopper that afternoon." Jenna stood up, going towards the stove for the plate sitting there. "So, what was that all about?"

Dorothy huffed a sigh. "He came into the store to ask a few questions."

"Questions about what?" she asked, sitting back down at the table with my breakfast.

Her mom leaned back in her chair. "Just some things about Joyce Byers' behavior when I went to see her the other day, and then he invited me to go with him to her house."

Jenna gave her a confused look. "In the middle of your shift?"

There was a pause as she set down her mug. "Well, we were both concerned about her, so we decided to see how she was doing."

Her puzzled expression remained. "What else?"

As she locked eyes with Jenna's, she exhaled. "I think he's also suspecting Hawkins Lab has something to do with Will's disappearance."

"What do you mean?"

She shook her head. "I think it's best if you don't know anything else."

Before Jenna could ask her any more questions, the phone began to ring. She jumped up to grab it, quickly picking it up off the hook. "Hello?"

"Jenna? It's Nancy Wheeler."

"Nancy?" she replied, confused as to why she was calling her. "Um, hey. What's up?"