11 (ESCAPING AND CATCHING MONSTERS)

There was a bright light that just about blinded Jenna as she opened her eyes too fast, squinting as soon as she lifted her head, rubbing the side of it

There was a bright light that just about blinded Jenna as she opened her eyes too fast, squinting as soon as she lifted her head, rubbing the side of it. Sitting up from the floor, she realized that she was no longer at Hawkins Middle School. She looked around at the white empty room with a table and two chairs in the middle, taking a closer glance at the mirror by the door. Confused, it took her a moment to register where she was at. Then, it hit her, to which she widened her eyes at the realization.

I'm inside Hawkins Lab.

With no memory of being here as a child, it still looked like how Jenna pictured it. There were times where she didn't want to think about the place once she found out about it, but her curiosity was always there to gnaw at her brain. She spotted the camera in the corner, knowing that she was being watched, which only made her anger and nervousness grow, along with getting uneasy.

All of a sudden, she could hear the door unlocking, followed by it slowly opening. Standing there was a tall man with white hair and in a suit, holding a folder under his arm. He had a small smile on his face, where it was almost evil to see.

"Hello, Five," he said.

Jenna let out a small gasp, as she figured out who he had to be. "Dr. Brenner."

He raised his eyebrows. "I must say, I didn't think you'd remember me."

"I don't," she admitted. "But I figured that's who you were."

"Well, you are correct," he replied, moving closer towards the table and sitting down, motioning her to do the same. "No need to be scared. I just want to talk, that's all."

Jenna didn't move from where she was sitting. "How do I know that you won't hurt me?"

"Because I let you stay uncuffed," he pointed out. "I can assure you that neither one of us are threats to each other in this room."

Jenna eyed him suspiciously, taking another moment before finally making her way towards the table and sitting down across from him. She could feel her hands getting sweaty as she placed them in front of her on the table.

"It's been a long time since I last saw you," he stated. "You've grown so much, Five."

"That's not my name," she snapped.

"It was your name while you were here," he pointed out. "And you didn't call me Dr. Brenner."

"Things are different now, as you can see," she replied. "How did you even find me after all these years?"

"We've had our suspicions that you never left Hawkins," he explained. "It wasn't until recent events--"

"You mean, when Will Byers disappeared?"

Dr. Brenner pressed his lips together. "Yes, when the boy disappeared, we got some intel of you being close by, maybe even with the other girl that disappeared from the lab recently."