21 (THAT'S WHAT BEST FRIENDS ARE FOR)

The horrible feeling in her gut remained there as Jenna got out of the locker room

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The horrible feeling in her gut remained there as Jenna got out of the locker room. It was even worse as she had a hard time glancing at Tina when she saw her sitting on the bleachers. For the few seconds that Jenna managed to hold, she could see that she still looked a little pale, drinking more water as the coach and Carol sat on each side of her. Lifting her head, she glared towards Jenna, then Carol did the same. She quickly turned her head away and walked out of the gym, blending in with the crowd of students before Tina or Carol could catch up with her.

She couldn't even concentrate all throughout her second class of the day, always having her foot tapping against the chair. It was all she could do to keep her mind off of gym class, trying to not picture Tina in the state that she was in because of her. She almost felt like vomiting just thinking about it.

When lunch rolled around, Jenna hoped that it would help this aching feeling inside of her go away if she got some food in her system. But by the time she got a sandwich, an apple, and a juice box on my tray and sat down at the nearest empty table, all she could do was stare at the food. Huffing a sigh in frustration, she leaned back in my chair as Steve and Janet came over with their trays of food.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm sorry?" Steve asked her as he sat down across from Jenna. "I was upset."

"Still not an excuse to ditch me," Janet retorted, plopping down next to Jenna.

"Would you still be mad at me if I told you that I had to take Jenna home because she was upset, too?"

"Again, still not an excuse," she repeated, then furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Wait, you two didn't leave the party together, did you?"

Jenna looked at her and nodded.. "Uh, yeah. Steve found me outside and offered to take me home."

Janet widened her eyes. "And neither of you bothered to tell me this?" She glanced at Steve again, then threw a little carrot his way. "Now I'm even more pissed that you were able to take her home but not me."

"Hey, we both had rough nights," he protested. "And also rough mornings, too. Nancy and I broke up for good."

"Sounds like a personal problem," Janet retorted.

"Thanks for the support, Jan," he said sarcastically.

"How are you holding up with it?" Jenna spoke up, giving him a sad look.

He shrugged in response. "I mean, it happened right before I got here, so it's..." Trailing off, he sighed. "Breakups suck."

Jenna slightly chuckled as she nodded her head in agreement. "Got that right."

Giving her a weak smile, Steve stood up from his seat. "I'll be right back." He looked over at Janet again. "Will a chocolate chip cookie make up for abandoning you last night?"

Janet eyed him, a smirk coming across her face. "It's a start."

Steve rolled his eyes before turning around and walking away from the table. During the short time where the girls didn't say anything, Jenna found herself staring at him as he stood in line.