2 (DRIVING ME WILD)

The sound of Jenna's alarm clock going off woke her up the next morning, making her groan at the ceiling as she slammed her hand on the clock to turn it off

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The sound of Jenna's alarm clock going off woke her up the next morning, making her groan at the ceiling as she slammed her hand on the clock to turn it off. She reluctantly got out of bed, making her way to the dresser, rummaging through some clothes to wear for school. Jenna exhaled loudly, thinking about her make out session with Craig last night, which made her smile and her heart skip a beat.

"Jenna! Breakfast is ready!" her mom called out from downstairs.

"I'll be down in a few minutes!" she called back, hurriedly getting dressed for school.

Once she was dressed and her teeth and hair were brushed, Jenna grabbed her knapsack with all of her books and hopped down the stairs. Her mom was putting two plates filled with eggs and toast on the table as she sat down.

"So, how did studying go last night?" she asked.

Jenna nodded her head casually, picking up her fork. "It was good," she lied smoothly, beginning to eat the scrambled eggs on her plate.

Oh, yeah. There was some chemistry going on last night.

"Yes, I'm sure Craig Bennett was very helpful."

She spat out her scrambled eggs, trying not to choke on them. "What?"

Dorothy shot her a stern look as she sat down across from her daughter. "I'm not dumb, Jenna Howard. I went up to your room right after you left."

She bit her lip in guilt. "I'm sorry, Mom. But it was--"

"Craig Bennett, I know." She grinned at her. "I'll let it slide this time. You've been pretty good these past few months."

"I'm always good." Jenna gave her a smile, even though what they both said was a total lie.

She laughed. "Yeah, okay, just eat your breakfast."

And so the two sat together and ate their eggs and toast, then got some orange juice for Jenna and some coffee for Dorothy. Jenna liked sitting down and talking and laughing with her. It had always just been the two of them, so they were pretty close. Dorothy did a lot for Jenna, working at Melvald's General Store all the time, making sure that they had whatever they needed. The two were best friends.

"Well, I'll be working late tonight," Dorothy stated, taking their empty plates to the sink. "You better get going or you'll be late for school."

Jenna sighed, standing up and slinging her knapsack over her shoulder. "Okay, bye, Mom." She gave her a hug and left for the front door, closing it and then heading off to school on foot. They only had one car and her mom used that to get to work, which was fine with Jenna. She didn't mind the walk to school. To her, it was relaxing the majority of the time.

The walk there was quick, which Jenna got used to. Before she got to the school, three kids on bikes rode past her, going to Hawkins Middle School. She made her way to Hawkins High School, strolling in the parking lot, when a Chevrolet almost hit her. The man slammed on the brakes as Jenna jumped back, thinking she was gonna get hit.