The Mask

Hey everyone! The votes are in! The winner of the book idea is going to be a sequel to Loss! Sorry if some of you were probably going to look forward to it but don't worry too much. This book has only just begun. We still have a long ways until this book ends!

HAPPY EASTER!🐰

{+}{+}{+}

   The Gorilla was kind enough to drive Adrien to the nearest costume shop. The blonde slid out of the limo then shut the car's door. The limo drove off, the Gorilla having other errands to run since the staff was growing so low. Adrien's green eyes glimmered with excitement as he walked into the small shop.

Upon his entering into the costume shop, a bell jingled and making his presence noticed by the shop owner. An elder man wearing a red Hawaiian shirt sitting behind the desk looked up from the newspaper he was reading and smiled at the young model.

"Hello and welcome to Miraculous Costumes. Don't hesitate to call me if you need my assistance with anything," the old man kindly spoke.

"Okay. Thank you, sir," Adrien replied. He returned the smile that always made girls swoon and put on the front cover of magazines. Adrien walked deeper into the store, unknowing of the elderly man's smirk as he went back to reading the newspaper.

The teen slowly moved through the store, enjoying scanning the shelves at different accessories, props, makeup, and costumes. He even made a detour to pick up a plastic, sliver stick and pretend to fight off a monster costume nearby.

   He even spotted supplies to make costumes. There were many different fabrics, jewels, paint, headbands, and more. His green eyes caught onto the different styles and colors of plastic masks with a stretchy white string tied onto its sides. Reds, blacks, oranges, yellows, greens, purples, and blues. The teen picked up a black mask and examined it further.

    A Cheshire smile spread across his lips before searching for the next item. The boy searched for quite sometime before seeking some help at the front counter. He didn't think it would've been that hard to find but was proven wrong when he came with only a mask in hand.

   Adrien cleared his throat to get the shop owner's attention. The old man lowered the newspaper and smiled kindly at the teen.

   "Hi, sir. Sorry for being a bother but I'm having some difficulty finding something," Adrien explained, politely.

   "You can call me, Fu," the old man said then asked, "What are you looking for exactly?" The blonde scratched the back of his neck before he answered, "I'm—uh, looking for some cat ears."

   Fu chuckled at Adrien's nervousness. He hopped off the stool he was sitting on, appearing much shorter than what was lead on. Fu gestured for Adrien to follow him to the other side of the shop. The boy followed the short man until arriving at a basket full of different headband ears.

   "You might find what you're looking for in here," Fu said, presenting the basket. Adrien smiled and thanked Fu, who walked back to the counter. Adrien dug through the many different headbands. Bunny ears, werewolf ears, giant mouse ears, bat ears, antennas and just what he was looking for, black cat ears.

   The cat ears were fuzzy and soft to the touch. He put he headband on his head to make sure it was comfortable. They were a purr-fect fit. Adrien chuckled quietly under his breathe at his cat pun. He didn't notice the bell tolling at someone's rambunctious entry into the shop.

{+}{+}{+}

   Marinette had finished her homework and sighed in relief. Lately, homework had been piling up since the end of the semester was growing closer. This also meant exams were coming up, which Marinette dreaded. Teachers were trying to cram the last of the semester's lessons in before the big tests came.