Rumors

{+}{+}{+}

Marinette happily skipped to school early on Monday morning. Over the weekend, she was bouncing off the walls in joy and excitement for the upcoming date with Luka. Nothing could bring her down at that moment!

"It's Adrien Agreste's."

That was the first thing Marinette heard once she walked into the room. Bluebell eyes immediately locked onto the small crowd of girls and a few guys surrounding Lila's desk in the back. Alya was up there as well, recording whatever lie Lila was telling them now.

   Marinette merely rolled her eyes and sat at her seat. It made her sick to her stomach that her friends were falling for this propaganda Lila was pulling. One day, all her lies will catch up to her and reveal her real intentions—an attention seeker.

   Lila craved attention and popularity. She'd do anything to keep an audience in awe of her "amazingness."

   "What a bunch of bologna!" Marinette thought in a huff, digging out her tablet. The classroom door opened, getting the bluenette's attention. Her heart rate increased once seeing Luka entering the room with a paper cup. Sky blue eyes found bluebell.

   Luka smiled and waved slightly at Marinette. She couldn't help the faint smile that formed on her face and waved back, face going red. Her heart dropped to her stomach when Luka made his way to the back and fused himself into the crowd. Marinette whined a little before dropping her head onto the surface of the desk.

   Even Luka had his flaws.

   Yet, he didn't know about the fox in disguise. Maybe, she could tell him about Lila when they went to see that movie. It was worth a shot.

   "Hey, girl!" Alya chirped, happily and sat down in her seat, "Before I go do the morning announcements, I've got some juicy deets that I just got to tell you!"

   "Tell me, it has nothing to do with Lila," Marinette sighed, raising her head from the desk.

   "It has nothing to do with Lila," Alya responded, professionally. She paused for a moment before going back to being excited, "So, now I'm going to tell you what I learned about Lila."

Marinette raised an eyebrow before shaking her head in pity.

"Oh, my dearest friend. Why do you and everyone else in Paris have to be so gullible?" She thought, sadly.

   "So, I was right! She has a bun in the oven. What makes this crazier, the baby's father is the Adrien Agreste's!" Alya ranted, quietly enough for only Marinette to hear. Bluebell eyes once again rolled at this mahogany Lila was telling people.

   "You seriously believe that Lila Rossi, not only just pregnant, but was knocked up by the son of Gabriel Agreste," she questioned, blandly and in disbelief. Before Alya could retort, a timer on her phone went off.

   "I gotta go, Girl. I'm going to want to know in explicit detail what happened between you and Luka. So, you better prepare yourself as much as possible," The redhead said before heading to the office. Marinette smiled fondly, watching her friend leave the room.

   Her eyes wavered to the back of the classroom for a moment, before returning forward. Once Miss Bustier walked through the door, everyone was seated and attendance began to be taken.

   Classes went by fast for Marinette as she spent most of them daydreaming of her future with Luka. Alya dragged her best friend to their lunch table before the bluenette began to rattle off what happened with her and Luka. Marinette's face had a delicate blush paint her cheeks as she smiled gibbily.