The Bad Knots

Hey, everyone! Before we start, I want to inform you I made a very long one-shot called A Gamer's Pride! Go check it out!

Enjoy!

{+}{+}{+}

Marinette didn't know what to say.

She didn't even know what to feel.

How could she be sad over a stranger's death...even though that stranger was supposed to be her own mother?

"Oh..." is all Marinette could conjure up as a response. What is she supposed to say? What is she supposed to feel? Everything about this situation is so...complex, it's hard to fathom. She isn't mad, nor really sad about it.

Marinette can only comprehend that she'll never get to meet the person who birthed her. The bluenette wanted to meet her actual mother, even if she absolutely despised Marinette's guts. There would at least be a sense of ease on her mind, not this newfound longing.

   Once the teen had time to process, another weight slowly lifted off her shoulders. She sighed.

"What..." Marinette briefly paused, "...what about my dad?"

Marinette could practically see the blood drain from Sabine's face. The woman began to look around the room and bit down on her bottom lip. It didn't seem like she wanted to say anything until locking eyes with Celine, who urged the baker to continue.

"Your father..." Sabine began, "...he...he...he disappeared after the car crash! Yeah...he disappeared."

Marinette narrowed her eyebrows. She may be oblivious at times but she isn't completely an idiot. She could see the lie from a mile away. Anybody without a brain could see it! Yet, what confused her is why her aunt is lying. She said she would honestly speak the whole truth. Now, she's going back on her word?

There is something wrong here. Something about this "disappearance" didn't add up and it seems Marinette is going to have to figure it out by herself. This makes Marinette simmer but held back her resentment for her guardian. For now, she is going to find the rest of her answers.

"How are Celine and Tikki involved with all of this?" The teen asked, shifting her gaze towards the redheaded woman, "Are you actually my aunt or is that a lie too?"

Ashamed, Celine nervously twiddled her thumbs like an unsure child who is very uncomfortable. Throughout her life, Celine has made many bad decisions. Whether it is out of plain stupidity or rebellion, the woman can say her worst mistake was her ties—the bad knots. Friendships, partnerships, relationships—each one never had any good intentions behind it.

Then, she met Slade.

At first, Celine thought their relationship was a hit and miss. One moment, they were the best of friends—an actual free-spirited couple taking on the world one step at a time. The next, they were each other's worst enemies—butting heads and fighting over stupid stuff.

   What they had wasn't the greatest but it wasn't the worst, either.

The two would always find trouble whenever they were together. Yet, Celine and Slade were a dynamic duo, always finding a solution to their problems.

Then, he proposed and that's when things began to take a turn for the worse.

He changed her life, knocking some sense into her head.

That is, after knocking her up first.

{+}{+}{+}

   Celine watched her world crumble beneath her feet.