Chapter 12: The Alice Festival Pt 1

Shinsou walked into the ceremony of the Alice Festival with only one thought on his mind, where is Mikan? When he looked around, the familiar brunette was nowhere in sight. The ceremony started, and Hitoshi wasn't paying attention. He couldn't help but be distracted today. He was hyped for the festival, somewhat, but he also hoped that it didn't remind him too much of UA. Hitoshi can't take that anymore. He misses it there too much, and it's hard to leave it behind.

Mikan came running into the auditorium and sat next to Shinsou. "Sorry, I was late, I overslept."

"Alice practice?" Hitoshi inquired, "You shouldn't overwork yourself."

"I'm not, I promise," Mikan said, "I ran into a couple of highschoolers on the way here."

"Oh?"

"Oh, they're the ones up there!" Mikan pointed to the stage.

"Them? Aren't they the Principal Students?" Sumire tuned into the conversation.

"Principal students? What's that?" Mikan asked, cluelessly.

"Well, it's exactly what the name suggests," Kokoroyomi said, "Basically instead of a teacher's pet, you're the principals."

"Only two people in our class are aiming for that spot," Sumire informed them, "Which are Iinchou and Imai."

"Hotaru and Iinchou can definitely do it!" Mikan chirped.

Shinsou only had one thought on his mind, or rather, two. Principal students? I'd be running away from the principal as fast as possible.

Kokoroyomi stole a glance at Shinsou but stayed silent. Hitoshi never noticed Kokoroyomi's gaze. "Anyways, the assembly is over, let's go, Hitoshi!" Mikan grabbed onto Shinsou's wrist and dragged him to their Ability Class's booth. They all change into their costumes and they wait. And wait.

Shinsou was getting bored, not to mention the fact he was tired too. Stifling a yawn, he got ready to close his heavy eyes until two students walked up to their booth. The rest of his classmates brightened up immediately.

"Welcome to the Special Ability Class booth! We're doing Aladdin and the Magic Lamp, see if you can actually manage to get one," Andō said.

"U-um, actually—" The student spoke up, "We're looking for the Somatic Class's booth."

Andō immediately backtracked, placing an apologetic smile on his face as he told them how to get there. Once the two students left, Mikan's fave contorts into one of sadness, expressing how distraught she truly is. "They'll never come to our booth."

"We can't afford to get discouraged," Andō smiled, "The festival is supposed to be fun, remember? If they don't come, we'll just run it by ourselves."

"Wow, you spoke that like a true hero!" Misaki's tone sounded somewhat sarcastic.

Meanwhile, Shinsou sighed at the comment. He grumbled a small, "You don't even know..." Right then and there, Andō-senpai had reminded him of his classmates. With the endless amount of optimism...

"Look, it's Sakura's booth," Ruka said.

Shinsou was left wondering where they came from. Mikan brightened up immediately, "Hi! Come try out our RPG!"

Sumire scoffed, "What fun would it b-"

"Sure," Narumi said, stunning both Shinsou and Sumire.

"So here are the rules;" Andō explained the rules and then opened the door into their booth. Shinsou got up and left to go to his place. "So are you guys ready?"