Chapter 3: Ability Class

"Ability classes? What are those?" Mikan asked, interrupting Hotaru's conversation with Iinchou.

"They're class that the Junior and Elementary division take together," Iinchou said. "You should ask Narumi-sensei for your ability class."

Mikan then quickly glances at Shinsou, who was seemingly staring into space. "Hitoshi! Do you know your Alice class?"

Shinsou snapped back into reality and replied at Mikan with a nod.

"Guess I'm going to ask Narumi-sensei about mine then."

~~~

"Ehhh?! Hotaru, you're in Technical, Iinchou's in Latent, and Ruka-pyon is in Somatic? So which class am I in, Narumi-sensei?" Mikan asked.

"You're in Special."

"Special?" Mikan smiled, "Yay! My Alice is Special!"

"Have a nice day," Narumi strangely quickly made himself scarce.

Mikan returned to the classroom, a big grin on her face. "Guys, I'm in Special Ability!"

"Oh, that's nice, Mikan," Iinchou said.

Syoda laughed, "Special Ability? Their alices are useless, well, so is yours, so I guess you belong there."

"You're so mean!" Mikan frowned but then glanced at Shinsou, "Hitoshi, what class are you in?"

"Special," Shinsou answered.

Mikan grinned, "Yay! We'll be together!"

"You should all get going to your classes," Iinchou advised.

Mikan and Shinsou left the classroom. Mikan frowned, "Why is the Special class so unpopular? Couldn't we be in a better class? Like maybe Latent—"

Shinsou shrugged, "Nonetheless, I hope the people are nice. I don't really care what class I get in."

Suddenly, the two got shoved into a bush. Mikan and Shinsou fell roughly while Natsume covered Mikan's mouth. "Shut up," He whispered.

"What's going on?" Shinsou whisper-asked, very confused.

"That Guy's looking for me nearby."

"That Guy"? Why did he say it like that? Shinsou didn't understand the situation but stayed silent nonetheless.

Footsteps resonated around the three children, making them stiffen simultaneously and hold their breaths, trying to stay as silent as possible. The person walking, paused and looked around. His gaze lingered on the bush before muttering, "Where's the brat?" And lightly walking away.

The children let out a breath. Mikan immediately shot up, "That was so rude! How could you just do that?! We have places to be, y'k—"

Shinsou watched as Hyuuga just glanced at the sky, totally ignoring Mikan.

"Are you even listening to me?!" Mikan was outraged.

Natsume merely stared and replied, "No."

"Is that Hyuuga's girlfriend?" Shinsou heard a voice attempting to whisper.

"I think so." Another voice joined in.

Shinsou looked around and saw the owners of the voices quite a way from them. They kept on talking, however, "Hyuuga, why are you dating that no-star?"