ii. real life!

Theo got off the plane. The airport was filled with people and so empty at the same time. It was somehow completely silent, while he was waiting for his luggage. He says luggage, but in reality he only had one big black bag filled with clothes and a few bits and pieces of this life. He was in London for a long time, but he never got used to creating keepsakes of things. Living your life always on the edge meant you don't get the luxury of creating a home out of a place.

But whatever. It wasn't like he didn't know how to settle down. It was just that he didn't like settling down. Every time he even tried to have a normal life, the universe decided to mess it up somehow. First his childhood. Then his teenage years. Then the time he spent in hell. The time after hell. Even London wasn't perfect. He didn't feel welcome there. The jobs he did weren't perfect but they paid his bills and allowed him to have a working visa. But he missed Beacon Hills. He even missed the pack, that he wasn't actually a part of.

But most of all he missed Liam.

Damn, that kid. Liam was constantly on his mind. They've started to talk and hang out after the hunt ended. Theo was even living with him and nobody even knew. He was the most important person in Theo's life. It got dangerous how important he was to him. Theo knew he was falling in love with Liam. After one particular movie night, Theo knew it was too dangerous for them to be so close. Watching movies together became their favorite time of the day. They would get comfortable on Liam's bed, Theo usually holding the drinks because Liam was too clumsy for that and Liam holding a big bowl of popcorn in his lap (which would frequently end up on the floor because Liam is a klutz). Liam would turn on Netflix on his TV and they would choose a movie together. Well most of the time together. Some nights they'd argue because Liam loved historical movies (Theo did too, but Liam liked to point out the historical mistakes, so he would huff and puff during the entire movie) and Theo loved horror movies. Something about living with the Dread Doctors made him immune to them, which made him love them even more. This night they were watching The Breakfast Club because Theo had never seen it.

"How did you not see this movie?" he asked completely shocked. "We are watching it right now, I don't care."

"You do know I was held captive for like ten plus years? It's not like I had Netflix."

"Oh, yeah, sorry. I wasn't thinking. It's just... you never talk about it."

"Why should I? I already lost enough of my life because of them," Theo said calmly, looking at him. "It's not healthy living in the past."

"I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing. It's not your fault."

"No, I know. But even after you got away from the Dread Doctors, we locked you in Hell. Without even trying to understand you," Liam sighed. "Sometimes I think we weren't any better than you because of that. Our actions never really showed our true intentions. I feel responsible."

"Why? Even if you were against it, they'd still lock me in Hell. You couldn't have changed anything. Stop beating yourself about it."

"I'm still sorry, Theo."

"Liam. Please stop apologizing."

"No, I have to tell you this. You saved my life so many times. I don't even know why you did that, after everything. I really owe you. I owe you my life."

Theo was silent for a moment. Liam wasn't looking at him. The bowl with the popcorn was on the night stand and he was fiddling with his fingers. Theo wanted to take his hand so bad. Why was everything so hard? After everything he went through, this feeling in his stomach made him feel ten times worse than when he was with the Doctors.