Chapter twelve

Aspen's p.o.v

After I shot my mother I put Nathaniel in the car and looked at Ryder who was trying to get rid of my mother's dead body by dragging it to the backyard. I looked back in the car and Nathaniel was fast asleep. I cracked the window and locked the doors just in case someone tried to get into the car and get my son. I ran inside and helped my grandmother and her bag so that we could get it in the car and get ready to go. By the time I got back outside Ryder was in the driver's seat on his phone and I smiled to see that I actually had someone to call my man. The one that will protect whatever we have together no matter what happens.

"You can sit in the back with Nathaniel we have to run to the store and get a few things" I say to my grandmother.

"Alright that sounds great." My grandmother says.

I get in the car and Ryder starts to drive away. We stopped at walmart to get somethings for Nathan. I was holding Nathan while he was sleeping and Ryder was grabbing bedding and some other things for him. While he was doing that I walked to the food area with my grandmother to get some food for everyone that lives at that house. By the end of the shopping spree we ended up with four shopping carts full and the total is almost nine hundred dollars. We got everything in the car and by that time Nathan had woken up.

"Mama I am hungry." He says and he gives me the world's cutest puppy dog eyes.

"I know baby we are going to get home and I'll cook dinner for everyone alright." I say.

"No just cook it for me." He says.

"Baby I have like 20 other guys to cook for as well." I say.

"Actually Adam has cooked dinner tonight for everyone." Ryder says.

We finally got home and Nathan climbed out the car and ran into the house, Ryder and I gathered some bags and went inside my grandmother was asleep so I was just going to let her sleep while we carried things in. About ten minutes later we finished carrying in the bags I walked outside with a blanket to get my grandmother.

"Grandmama wake up we got to go inside." I say but she didn't move. "Grandmama wake up please."

I went to move her and she just fell over in the seat and which made me run inside and get Ryder.

"Ryder something is wrong with my grandma she isn't waking up get her inside and and." I couldn't finish the sentence before I started crying Ryder ran out of the house and came back carrying my grandmother.

He took her upstairs and laid her in the guest bedroom then called the doctor. I waited next her till the doctor got there he asked me to leave and wait somewhere else while he did what he needed to. I walked into the room that I share with Ryder and waited. About twenty minutes later Ryder came in carrying Nathan.

"Baby you got to stop worrying Nathan knows when you are stressed out." Ryder says laying Nathan down on the bed who is playing on the phone.

"I just got her back I can't let her die she is everything to me. She was there for through everything with Nathan. I can't let her go that easily. I want to move to the other house maybe that will occupy me while grandmother is recovering and I can bring Nathan with me while some of the other guys come with me to go shopping." I say.

"It is my house to I want to go shopping." Ryder said.

Ryder's P.O.V

Aspen has been through a lot these past couple of days and now with her grandmother not responding to her. Moving would be the best for her because it will get her mind off of things.

"Alright we can move to the other house." I say.

She turned around with a surprised look on her face. I walked over to her with Nate in my hands.

"Why don't we as a family go over to the house tonight have some of the guys bring your grandmother over and we can start tonight." I say.

"Ryder it is almost ten at night there is no way that we can move tonight." She says holding her hands out to our son.

"Everything will be okay baby girl." I say.

"Go do your job Nate and I are just going to go to bed." She says as she lays Nathaniel down in the middle of our bed she placed pillows around him so he didn't fall off and then went to change.

"Princess come here please." I say to her walking closer to her.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to me.

"You are my queen and I love you very much and I will do anything to make sure that your family member is safe." I say while kissing her forehead.

"I know you will just go I will be okay you have missed work for me for the past couple of days and you can't miss anymore," She says kissing me then going into the bathroom to change.