x̳l̳v̳i̳i̳i̳.̳

𝙎omething was wrong with Maggie's baby. Everyone was in a panic as they gathered supplies to get her to Hilltop. Guns, gas, food, just in case it was needed. Adalyn was helping Olivia in the inventory, getting everything logged and settled. 

She couldn't shake the feeling that this trip was going to end badly. That something truly terrible was going to happen.

Abraham had gathered Sasha, Adalyn, and Eugene to go with Rick. He could try to argue all he wanted, but they were going. The Saviors were out there, and Adalyn wasn't going to risk Rick getting hurt while she wasn't there.

They caught him coming out of Maggie's house, starting to load the R.V. with supplies. "Any change?" Sasha asked.

"She's getting worse," Rick answered.

Abraham nodded toward the R.V. as he noted, "Good call on the transport."

"Well, I figured she'd be more comfortable," Rick replied.

"It also means you got room for more," Abraham said. "They're out there, so I'm gonna be with you." He looked at Sasha. "We are."

"Package deal," Sasha agreed.

She and Abraham climbed into the R.V. as Rick let out a sigh. Eugene hesitated a moment. "Uh, what she said," he told Rick.

Adalyn chuckled, nudging Eugene ahead. "I'll make sure he doesn't get himself killed," she said, quiet enough that only Rick could hear.

Adalyn started to climb in, but Rick started speaking to Eugene. "Look, it's a long trip, and you're just getting over- -"

"It's a superficial graze, proteins are binding, plus we need to discuss ammunition production and manufacture, so let's roll," Eugene interjected.

Rick looked at Abraham, who had gotten out to run and get something. "I already tried," Abraham stated. "Give him an inch, he's taking a mile."

Eugene looked at Rick. "I'm only asking for twenty-three, give or take depending on the route," he said. "I know I can be of some help. Now's the time and here's the place. Don't shine me. I'll be your anchorman. Yes, I damn will."

He got into the R.V. as Adalyn leaned out to tell Rick, "I've got it. He'll be fine."

Rick seemed unconvinced, but he nodded all the same. He checked over all of the tires, made sure that the R.V. would be set for travel. Aaron approached with the request everyone had on their minds.

"We're ready to protect this place and the Saviors know it," he said. "That's why they grabbed Eugene."

"Look, it's not up for discussion," Rick stated.

Aaron shrugged. "Then you're just gonna have to punch me in the face and tie me up again. 'Cause that's what it's gonna take to stop me."

Rick sighed, considering. Finally, he mouthed out a 'go on'. Aaron joined the growing party inside the vehicle.

Carl came next, sitting beside Adalyn on one of the bench seats. "Hey, kid," she said, squeezing his shoulder reassuringly. "You ready?"