Chapter Thirty-One

HARRY

I'm smirking as she gets into my car, stilted slightly with the soreness I've caused her. The memories from last night would play on repeat for the rest of my life. I couldn't believe that we lasted that long. It had been a while since we had gone a bit off the rails - taken any risks. Lately it's all been sweet and tender, and I loved that. Hell, any sex with Dani was the best sex, but what we did last night was built up tension and uncontrollable need. I held back a groan as the picture of her walking towards me with that little outfit on races through my mind. It was singlehandedly the best Christmas present I've ever gotten.

"How are you feeling?" I ask her.

She gives me a cheeky glare, repositioning herself to be more comfortable. "This is so embarrassing." She mumbles.

Snorting, I ask as innocently as possible, "What? That I fucked you so good you're barely able to walk? You did ask for that, baby girl."

"Yeah, but I didn't think that was actually possible!" She exclaims with a pout. I can barely keep my eyes off of her as I pull out of the driveway. She was actually glowing this morning, a bright red jumper swamped over her upper half while her jeans were as tight as a glove. "I'm gonna have to be around your whole family like this."

I glance over at her, my hand covering her thigh, fingers lightly massaging the inner portion I riddled with love bites. She sighs, arms wrapping around mine and leaning her head on my shoulder.

"Is it weird that I'm nervous about spending the holidays around your family?" She asks quietly.

"You are?" I ask back, surprised considering she hasn't mentioned it at all.

Nodding, she says, "I was only with them for a few hours last time, and there was that whole thing with your dad. We're practically spending a full weekend with them now."

"We don't have to if you don't want-"

"No! No, no, I want to. It's just..." She sighs again, straightening back up after a small wince. "I guess I'm still a little worried that they won't like me. I don't spend a lot of time around family. I don't know your traditions or if they'll like the presents I got them, because I barely know them-"

"Dani, stop." I interrupt her before she continues to ramble, "First off, you didn't need to get them anything. Second, they already like you. Mum has been begging me to bring you back around for weeks now."

"She has?"

"Yes. And don't worry about any traditions or anything. We aren't super religious, and don't go to church during the holidays. We go out to Chinese on Christmas Eve, open presents Christmas morning, and mum spends all day Christmas cooking dinner for everyone. My dad will only be there tomorrow, so we don't have to deal with him until then. And he won't say a thing to you, I promise." I tell her.

"He can say what he wants, I don't care about his opinion." She says quickly and indifferently, "I just don't want the rest of your family to think badly of me because of him. Are there any extended family coming?"

I shake my head, "No, nearly everyone is still back in England. We visit once every year or two. Which reminds me... do you have a passport?"

She frowns at me, "No..."

"You should get started with that now then. Our next trip is in August, and my grandparents are dying to meet you." I'm met with silence, so I look over at her to see her looking at me with big hazel eyes. "What?"

She looks at me like I'm crazy. "Harry, you just invited me back to your home country to meet the rest of your family, and are acting like it's no big deal."