𝕋𝕎𝕆

Where am I?

I stare in awe at the ballroom I step into. The ceiling designs lined with gold, a crystal chandelier and old yet elegant lights. I stride over to one of the doors in the room and open them.

"You're late." I hear a deep voice speak. Accenting the T in 'late'.

Turning my head to the right, I see a dark figure sitting at desk. The butler from earlier standing next to the desk. The room is painted with a dull maroon. The shades are down, giving the area a mysterious vibe.

I turn my full body towards the figure and get on my knees to bow. I whimper slightly from the soreness in my body but for the sake of my situation, I ignore it.

"T-thank you.." I look up curiously when I hear the man chuckle.

"You are a naive one aren't you?" The man tuts. "I didn't save you so I suggest you don't thank me." I hear the man get up from his desk and walk to me. "It should be me who thanks you." His cold slender fingers hold my chin to look up at him.

"Why thank.. me?" I ask quietly. I sense him smirking.

"Why, for giving me some entertainment." My heart increases in pace. "Your father was right. You are very beautiful."

I- I was sold!

Suddenly the door opens, letting the golden light from the ballroom shine in. Another man, looking in his mid 20's stands in the doorway wearing a black suit in a informal way yet still enough to make him look sophisticated. A shadow running across his features.

He makes eye contact with me then with the man that is kneeled down at my level

"My son! Perfect timing. This is-" The man lets go of my chin and exclaims at the other. But was cut off.

"Father, you are needed at the front gate. One of your business partners are having a crisis and need to speak with you." The man in his mid 20s speaks with a blank expression on his face, completely ignoring his father's words.

Son.? Father?

The father clears his throat and fixes his suit.

"Very well, meanwhile, why don't you help this young lady to the room." The man smirks. The younger rolls his eyes.

I struggle to get up and close my eyes. Biting my lip, I slowly get up but I accidentally whimper. The younger man glances at me with a stone face. From the ballroom I hear the older speak.

"Oh, and be gentle. She has had a rough night." His snicker could be heard. The younger man looks me up and down before turning his back.

I look at him blankly and blink. When I don't move, he looks at me and quirks an eyebrow.