chapter 9

Author's note: WARNING! Mentions of suicide, if any of you have suicidal thoughts like this, then get professional help.

Eddie's POV

"Come on guys let's go and find Alice" Mom called as we put our coats on, we had found Alice's bedroom empty, and now we were getting ready to go out and find her.

We heard a knock on the door and Eva rushed over to open it "wait!" I shouted "what if it's one of Slender Man's goons?" I asked, we all looked at the door and Dad went over and looked into the peephole.

"It's Alice!" He exclaimed with relief, he opened the door and there stood Alice "where have you been?" Mom demanded, Alice didn't say anything, she just looked down, I could see that her eyes were red from crying.

"What's wrong?" Dad asked, Alice just pushed past us and ran upstairs, "I'd better go and check on her" I said to Mom and Dad before running upstairs.

I walked towards Alice's bedroom and knocked on her door, "hey, Alice...are you alright?" I could hear her crying inside "please, go away" I heard her say, I was about to go in until I felt a firm hand on my shoulder "I think you'd better leave her alone" Dad said, I nodded and turned to go.

Alice's POV

For the past few days I stayed in my room, only coming out for meals and to use the bathroom, I was unmotivated, I couldn't believe that Toby was gone, my best friend had died because I was too rebellious against Slender Man, I decided not to put my new family in danger.

I still had Masky's gun in my bag, so I took it out and sniffed, I won't put you guys in danger anymore I thought to myself, I closed my eyes and pointed the gun to my mouth, I was about to pull the trigger when I heard someone knock on my bedroom door.

"Come in" I called out, quickly putting the gun under my pillow, Eva and Eddie came in "hey" they said in unison "what's wrong? Alice? You've spent these past couple of days in your room" Eddie stated, a concerned look on his face.

"It's nothing guys" I sniffed, Eddie tilted his head and Eva went "hmm" as if not believing me, Eddie sat on my bed and nudged towards me "I don't believe you" he told me "you went out into the forest at night alone, and came back looking as if you'd been crying".

"Okay" I sighed "I'll tell you, that night when I went into the forest, I found Toby's mouth guard and goggles, Slender Man killed him" "Alice" Eddie sighed but he looked behind me "what's that under your pillow?" He questioned.

I was about to deny there was anything under there but Eva walked over and pulled the gun from under the pillow "what's this?" She asked, eyes widened in shock.

I bowed my head and told them everything, from Toby stealing the gun all the way to being about to kill myself " why though?!" Eddie demanded angrily "because I didn't want to put you guys in danger" I confessed, getting a lump in my throat and tears streaming down my face. "Toby died because of me, I don't want the same to happen to you".

Eddie looked at me furiously and made me look at him, he cupped my face in his hands "look at me!" he ordered, I sniffed and did as I was told "don't ever! Think that, okay? Don't ever try to kill yourself, we love you Alice, we would hate it if anything happened to you, none of this is your fault, okay?".

I sniffed and nodded "thanks Eddie" I hugged him and he slowly wrapped his arms around me "nothing bad is going to happen" he told me comfortingly "you'll always be safe in the Locklear family" oh how I wished that was true, for all of that changed when we heard the doorbell ring "that must be the man coming to sign us into the new house and move our stuff" Eva told me.