chapter 5

Edward's POV

Alice stared as us frightfully "I'm sorry" she said to my parents "I just saved your so from-" she got cut off when Dad put his hand up "I don't want to hear it" he said, I looked up at him "but Dad, Alice here just saved me from a Legend of Zelda Link knock-off".

My sister Eva stepped forward and held out her hand in front of Alice "I'm Eva" she told her "you saved my brother, thank you" Alice hesitated before shaking Eva's hand "you're welcome" she said, then she ran out the window and was out of sight.

"Who was that?" Mom asked "that was my friend Alice" I told her "come on Jasper, darling" Dad said before putting an arm around Mom "let's get back to bed" and they went out of my room.

Alice's POV

I ran and ran until I reached the forest, I couldn't go anywhere, I didn't want to go back to the mansion but I had no choice, when I got there everyone was looking at me, angrily, apart from Toby who was no where to be seen, and Sally was probably sleeping.

Slender Man came out of nowhere and shouted "ALICE!" I looked down but I wasn't ashamed "you have some explaining to do young lady, why did you stop BEN's kill, and why did you warn the victim?".

I sniffed "because I'm not like you" I said, then I looked  and decided that I'd had enough "I'm not like you Slender Man! I'm not a bloodthirsty monster who finds joy in hurting others, I'm a normal girl not a disgusting creature".

I then turned to face the others "I'm not like any of you! I don't know why Slender Man even adopted me, I was happy with my real family" I then stomped off to my room.

I bawled my eyes out on my bed until I heard a knock on the door "hey Alice, i-it's Toby" I sniffed "come in" the door opened and Toby came into the room and sat by my bed.

"Are you alright?" He asked, I sniffed and he sniped away my tears " no Toby, I'm not, I'm not happy here" Toby stroked my back and pulled me into his arms, he smoothed down my blonde hair "shh" he said "it's okay, I'm here".

I pulled away from him "where were you?" I asked " I didn't see you in the lounge area" Toby sighed "I was visiting my sister Lyra's grave, she died a very long time ago".

"I'm sorry to hear that" I said, "Toby, why didn't you tell me that everyone here is a killer when I first came here?" I asked "because I didn't know what he was really like at the time, he manipulated me like everyone else here apart from Sally who was also manipulated, but when you came and refused to become a killer it made me think, and what you asked me about Slender Man earlier was the I ing on the cake, it made me think more about it".

"Well, thanks for cheering me up Toby" I said "I love you, you've always been like a brother to me" Toby nodded and patted my shoulder "you're a sister to me too Alice" he stood up to leave "well goodnight" and he left.

Later that night I heard someone talking in the hallway, I climbed out of bed and slowly opened the door to hear what the voices were saying, I recognized the voices as Masky and Slender Man.

"What are we going to do about Alice?" Masky whispered "she refuses to become one of us, and she's going to get us killed or arrested on one of one of our killing missions one day".

I heard Slender with sigh "I know" he said "I regret ever adopting her, I'm considering either throwing her out of killing her, and is not one of us".

my heart broke when I heard this, deep down I thought Slender Man would apologize for his behavior and treat me differently from then on, but that would never happen, Slender Man was a monster, a killer, all of them were, I should have remembered that no matter how comfortable I may have become around some of them, they are capable of doing terrible things, but Toby and Sally were exceptions, they were nice to me, and Toby looked after me.

I went back to my room and quietly closed the bedroom door and decided to pack my stuff, I quietly took out my bag and packed my clothes, my phone, my pictures of my family, and one which had me, and two other people, standing behind both our houses, they looked so familiar.

I opened my window, grabbed my bag and jumped out, I couldn't stay in that horrible mansion, I ran into the night, I ran through the forest and called Jeff's name "Jeff!" I cried "help me!" I knew where to go, so I darted out of the forest and towards Ed's house.

I knocked on the front door and it opened to reveal the same man I saw earlier, Ed's father, "hello there, what are you doing here?" He asked "please, can I come in?" I begged "I ran away from my crazy serial killer family and I need somewhere to crash for the night".

Locklear didn't say anything at first but then he stood aside and said "come in, you'll be safe with us" I thanked him and stepped inside, I wiped my feet on the carpet and looked at Mr Locklear "where can I sleep?" I asked.

"We actually have a guest room" Mr Locklear told me "we usually let sick patients stay there for the night to get prepared for an appointment or an operation they have to go through".

I nodded thanks and went into the living room to see Eva and Edward arguing "and I say that the sun is a planet!" Eva sneered " hey guys" I said "what's going on?".

"Oh hey Alice" Edward greeted "we're doing an essay about the different planets in space and Eva seems to think that the sun is a planet, and not a star!" Those last words were directed at Eva as he turned his head towards her.

"So what are you doing here at night, in your pyjamas?"  Eva asked grumpily "Eva don't be rude to our guest" Eva and Ed's father said as he came into the room "I'm Dr Evander Locklear by the way, just call me Evander" he told me, putting his hand out.

I shook Evander's hand and he turned his head towards Eva and Ed "hey kids, can you show Alice where her new room is please?" They nodded and stood up.

Ed took my arm and he and Eva led me down a dark hallway and stopped by a door on the left, Ed opened it and I saw a beautiful white room with a king sized bed that had a green dovey and white pillows.

"It's beautiful" I whispered loud enough for the twins to hear, they helped me unpack and after that I climbed into bed and went fast asleep.

Credit for the Locklear family (Jasper, Eva, and Eddie) goes to Ethereal_Violinist