chapter 6

Toby's POV

I woke up to someone calling Alice's name, I got out of bed and walked out of my room only to see Slender Man walking down the hallway, he stopped beside me and turned his head to face me.

"Toby, have you seen Alice?" Slender Man asked, why did he care? He planned to kill her, I overheard him talk with Masky last night "no" I lied, I saw her run from the mansion from my bedroom window with her bag last night.

Slender Man tilted his head "her stuff has gone from her room, I wondered if you had anything to do with it...you two have a....connection" Slender Man then walked off and I continued to walk down the corridor.

I walked into the living room to find Sally watching tv and Laughing Jack was sleeping on the sofa "hey Sally" I said, she faced me and stood up "hey Toby, do you know where Alice is?".

"I don't know" I lied again, I couldn't tell Sally that she ran off "Papa Slendy says that she's gone, her stuff isn't in her room" my heart broke, I couldn't lie anymore, I crouched down to Sally's height.

"don't tell anyone! this" I whispered in her ear "she ran off last night, I saw her" Sally's eyes widened "why?" She asked "because she hates it here, Slender Man planned to kill her so that's why she left" I stood up "I'm going to find her, but I won't bring her back here" I told Sally.

"You will find her, won't you?" She asked, I sighed and patted her shoulder " don't sorry kiddo, I will find her, and I will let you know where she is, just don't tell anyone, okay?".

Sally nodded and I went out of the living room and opened the front door "I'm going out!" I called to everyone before heading out and closing the front door behind me, and I was off.

Alice's POV

I woke up and looked all around me, I remembered that I wasn't in the mansion anymore, I beamed and climbed out of bed just as I heard a knock on the door "come in!" I called, the door opened to reveal Evander.

"Good morning!" He cheered as he came in, "morning Evander" he smiled and lifted me up before spinning me around, he set me on the ground "come down, we have pancakes for breakfast" he told me and !left the room.

I followed Evander downstairs and saw him, his wife, and Eva and Ed, or Eddie as Evander called him, sitting around the kitchen table, I sat in between Eva and Eddie who looked at me "how are you?" Eddie asked "I slept great, you two?".

"We slept great too" Eva and Eddie said in unison, we ate our breakfast and Evander's wife finally spoke up when she looked up from her newspaper "oh! I forgot to introduce myself!" She exclaimed, looking at me, blushing "my name is Jasper".

I shook Jasper's hand "I'm Alice" "yes" Jasper said "Eddie here tells me all about you and your "family" and how they all neglect you, Evander would love to give them a piece of his mind" she giggled when she said the last part.

I chuckled "not all of them are like that" I said "there's a boy I like, he's been looking after me since I was adopted by Slender Man, we're about the same age, his name is Toby, he's like a brother to me" then my eyes widened in shock as I realized that I'd forgotten to tell Toby where I am.

I stood up "excuse me, I have to go out, but I'll be back" I quickly got dressed and put a coat on from my bag, I ran into the forest and yelled Toby's name.

"Toby!" I shouted as I ran through the forest, I ran deeper and deeper until I could see a figure walking down a path, I hid behind a tree and saw that it was Toby.

I walked out from behind the tree "hey Toby!" I exclaimed , Toby jumped and looked at me "oh, hi A-Alice, where have you b-been?!" He twitched as he asked me.

"I've been staying at the Locklears' house, they let me stay there" I said frantically "I-I've been looking for you" Toby told me "I was about to head back to the mansion, can you show me where you live? I won't tell anyone but Sally, I swear".