A Beautiful Feeling of Sadness

(A/N what's up guys, gals, and non-binary pals? I am sad, but also happy, to inform you that this IS the last chapter of this book *cue sad sitcom noises* I hope you enjoy it, and please read the author's note at the end.)

*PETER'S POV*

A few hours after our big fight, Harley walked awkwardly into my room. "Hey," he said, glancing up at me only once before continuing to stare at the floor.

"Go away." My voice was barely above a whisper, but I meant what I said. I didn't want to talk to him at the moment.

"Peter," he didn't go away. He came closer and sat on the edge of my bed, right next to my feet, where I was playing Minecraft on my computer. "Please let me explain. I'm sorry."

"You're not sorry."

"Why wouldn't I be?" He asked incredulously. I kept building my wooden house, trying to concentrate on anything but him. "Peter." He put his hand on my keyboard and I rolled my eyes as I finally looked up at him. "Get out of my room, I'm playing Minecraft."

"I'm not leaving. Let me talk."

"You can talk all you want. I'm not stopping you."

"I want you to listen, silly."

I sighed. "Fine. Go."

"I didn't mean what I said," he grabbed my hand and held it between his, "you mean so much to me. Listen, when I get angry I say things I don't mean. I swear I didn't mean that, okay? I love you so much and deciding to leave you was one of the hardest decisions I've ever made. But please just try to see things from my point of view. I'm not leaving because I want to, because trust me, if I could move my family up here and stay here all the time, I would. It's a dream. But I can't, and... I just had to make a hard decision. But the fact that I chose to go back home doesn't take any of my love away from you. I will always love you."

I was focused on our interlocked hands, forming the right words to say in my mind.

"I love you too," I said. "And it's okay. I'm sorry for freaking out like I did, it's just... I don't know. You're one of the best things that has ever happened to me and the thought of losing you made me sick. The thought of being miles and miles away from you made my heart feel so lonely and lost. And I know you didn't mean what you said. I never thought you did. And, um, I'm sorry for slapping you."

He flashed a small smile. "It's okay, Pete. It doesn't hurt anymore."

I nodded. "And listen," he began, "I'll come up here as much as I can, I promise. And you can even come to Tennessee and meet my family and stuff! We're not breaking up, we're just going to be apart for a while. But it's not forever," he reminded me. "And every night, I'll think of your adorable face."

"Yeah," I smiled, "me too."

He scooted closer to where he was directly in front of me and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back as he ran his fingers through my hair. "A creeper's about to blow up your house," he whispered into my ear and my lovesick smile immediately turned into a face of despair. I grabbed my laptop, which was about to fall off the bed, and watched the screen turn red as a creeper blew up my hard work. "Aw man," I muttered and he laughed.

*THIRD PERSON POV*

~ONE WEEK LATER~

"You're really leaving, huh?" Tony said to Harley, more as a statement than a question. Harley nodded with sad eyes. "Yeah..." He grabbed the handle of his suitcase and took one last good look around his room. "I'm going to miss this place. I'm going to miss all of you."