Welcome to New York

*HARLEY'S POV*

The plane landed and pulled up to the exit terminal. I smiled, staring out the window and taking in the sight of New York City. The towering skyscrapers, the people bustling around, and all the lights blending together in a multicolored blur.

I heard a beep and forced my eyes off of the city view. I unbuckled my seatbelt, stood up, grabbed my bag from the overhead bin, and walked out.

Okay, I thought to myself as I skimmed over the texts that Tony had sent me.
Someone named Happy is going to be at baggage?

I looked up and saw a man in a suit holding up a sign that said "KEENER" on it. I nodded to myself, adjusted my shirt, and went to meet him.

"Hi!" I sprung up in front of him and stuck my hand out. "I'm Harley. Harley Keener."

"Hey," he shook my hand very weakly. "Happy Hogan. Come with me."

I followed him out to the sidewalk, where a Tesla was parked beside the curb.

"Woahhh," I ran my hand along the side of the car. He smacked my hand away and I flinched.

"Don't touch the car."

I nodded. "Yes sir..."

I climbed into the passenger seat as he put my bag into the trunk. He got in a minute later and started the car.

"So," I began as I put my seatbelt on, "why do they call you Happy?"

"Because that's my name," he started driving.

"Really? Is it like, short for something or...?"

"No."

"Oh. Okay." I fiddled with my hoodie pocket as I tried to think of another conversation starter.

This guy doesn't seem like the conversation type...

"Are there many other interns at the tower?"

"Yeah, quite a few."

"That's good. They can sort of show me around."

Happy cleared his throat. Then there was silence.

But thankfully, it only lasted for another few minutes. Happy pulled up to Stark Tower and I gazed at the shimmering building, my mouth hanging open.

He parked and unloaded my stuff for me.
"Thanks Happy!" I shouted as he walked away. He waved at me without turning around.

Wait.

I looked around, confused.

Where am I supposed to go?

I grabbed my bag and caught up to Happy as quickly as I could.

He led me through a hallway, another hallway, and another until we reached a grand lobby with a fountain in the center. The floor was made of blue tile and there was expensive art all over the walls. Happy led me to the reception desk, where a blonde woman named Hannah was sitting.

"Hi Hannah," Happy casually leaned on the counter. Hannah looked up and popped her bubblegum as she stared at us. "What can I do for ya?"

"Mr. Keener here is an intern. He needs a clearance badge."

Hannah sighed. "K."

She got up and went to the back. We waited there awkwardly until she returned a few minutes later with a laminated card. It had my face on it, like a driver's license, and a big heading that said CLEARANCE LEVEL 6. Then, under it, it said Stark Industries Intern.