A New Beginning

(A/N hi everyone! so I've decided that next chapter will be the last chapter of this book BUT I am going to do a sequel if you want me to. so if you do want me to do a sequel, comment so I can see! thank youuu!)

*HARLEY'S POV*

I was relieved to know that Peter was okay, even if he did have a wounded arm. It could have been much worse.

Now that it's over and I'm thinking back on it, I'm literally insane for stealing an Iron Man suit. I mean, technically I didn't steal it because Tony knew I was in his lab, he just didn't know why and he didn't have the time for me to explain. I don't feel bad about it one bit. I didn't damage it, I didn't get hurt, so what's the big deal? Tony was kind of upset that I put myself in harm's way but he wasn't mad that I took a suit, thankfully.

I got up from Peter's bed in the infirmary and straightened my shirt. "Love you," I pecked his cheek and he smiled, a cute little make-my-heart-go-crazy smile. "I love you too."

"Natasha, Rhodey, how are you two doing?" I asked the other two hospital occupants, who were trying not to look at us so they didn't disrupt our moment. "Oh, I'm okay," Natasha said with a nod. "Just a minor setback."

"I'm fine, too," Rhodey assured, "I fell off a pretty tall building but, fortunately, not tall enough to kill me."

"Wow," I said. I hadn't really gotten hurt except a few tiny scrapes. It's so scary to be a superhero.

"Well I'm glad you're all okay," I said. They thanked me and I nodded as I left the infirmary. I started my way down the hall when I heard laughing. Little kids laughing. At first, I was super creeped out because why the hell would there be little kids in the Avengers Tower? This is some horror movie shit.

Then I turned the corner and saw two little girls standing in front of Bucky, who was crouched down to meet their eye level. He was letting them touch his metal arm and they were laughing as he made jokes about how he got it. They had dry tear stains down their cheeks and their clothing was soaked in blood and dust. Their hair was all knotted up and messy. I was so focused on the smiles and laughs of the girls that I didn't hear Steve walk up behind me. He put his hand on my shoulder and I glanced at him.

"Who are they?" I asked him.

"We don't know. We're trying to find out."

He could tell I was confused so he continued, "Peter saved them from an alien that killed their mother. He was going to kill them too but Peter jumped in to save them and swung them to the nearest building. Tony had to go back for them since Peter was injured."

"Oh my God..." I sighed. "Those poor girls... their poor mother." I thought about them, how they would grow up without their mother, how their mother was killed, brutally, right in front of them... and Peter. "Is Peter okay? Is he, like... traumatized from it?"

"I don't know. We'll find out soon enough but he's acting fine right now." I frowned.

The girls just now noticed Steve and me standing there and they got shy and backed away slowly. Bucky stopped them and talked to them in a calm, soothing voice, saying that we were good and we would help them. They started taking tiny steps forward, the smaller girl following in her older sibling's lead, until they were right in front of us.

"Hi," I crouched down like Bucky to meet their eye level and held out my hand, "I'm Harley."

The bigger girl shook my head slowly. "I'm Liesel. This is my sister, Cambria."

I waved at Cambria, who was hiding behind her sister, and she giggled and waved back. "How old are you?" Steve asked.

"I'm 10, Cam is 5."