What's Your Secret?

*HARLEY'S POV*

I run to my bathroom at my apartment that I'm renting out and get a quick shower.

I'm gonna be late... I think as I check my watch.

I brush through my hair quickly and throw on some random clothes lying on the floor, grab my badge and briefcase, and run out the door.

I overslept.

I call a taxi over and get in the backseat.

"Where to?" The driver is a fairly attractive Indian man with an accent.

"Stark Tower," I answer distractedly, stuffing papers into my briefcase.

He drives there, I hand him his money, and make my way into the tower.

7:59 a.m.

I made it with one whole minute to spare.

I run my fingers through my hair and adjust my clothing as I walk up to the elevators and scan my badge. I press the 4 button and the elevator takes me there. When I step out, I see none other than Tony Stark talking to Peter.

"Tony!" I run up to them and Tony whips his head towards me. "Oh my God... Harley!" He gives me a hug and looks me up and down. "Wow... you've grown so much."

I laugh awkwardly. "Well last time you saw me I was like... 11, I think."

"And how old are you now?" He asks.

"17."

"Damn. I'm getting old," he chuckles and pats me on the back. "It's good to see you again."

"It's great to see you again, too, sir." I smile proudly at him. He turns back to Peter. "You've met Peter, correct?"

"Yeah," I flash a smile at Peter and he blushes.

Aw. His face turned red when I smiled at him.

"I knew you two would hit if off," Tony looked at both of us and grinned. "Well, I've gotta get back to the top for some boring work. But if either of you need me for anything, just call."

"Absolutely," Peter said and I nodded.

"Alright," he clapped his hands together. "Bye for now boys."

"Bye!" We both waved at him as he left and then I turned to Peter.

"Why is he always talking to you?" I asked curiously. "Do you like... work especially for him?"

"You could say that," Peter did a little nod then looked down at the floor.

"What do you mean?"

He looked back up quickly, like he didn't think I would continue the conversation.

"I- I do work for him."

"What do you do?"

"I... um..."

I stare at him, waiting for an answer.

He's being really weird. Why won't he just tell me?

"Oops! I'm getting a phone call." Peter stammers and digs his phone out of his pocket. He puts it to his ear and starts to talk.

I see his phone light up with a notification while he's "talking." He sees it in his peripheral vision, lowers his phone, and smiles at me awkwardly.

"Woah... that was weeeird..." he fake laughs and lowers his head as he puts his phone away.

"You've got a secret, Parker," I get close to him and he looks at me. He tilts his head upward to meet my gaze. "And I'm going to figure it out." I wink at him.