26 - Metamorphosis

Jay found herself in Kronos' quarters, ready to speak with him.

Kronos sat at a desk, his golden eyes studying a map of the city.

Both of them sat their for a few moments, Jay anxiously waiting for him to finish eyeing his battle plans.

Finally, she felt his golden eyes burn into her, causing her to look up at him.

"What is it that you want?"
His raspy voice asked, an eyebrow raised.

"I have an offering. An idea." Jay replied, surprisingly keeping her cool.

"Go on." He replied, his eyes still focused on her.

"Have you ever..thought about using me as a vessel?" She asked, hiding her nervousness.

The Titan was silent for a moment before replying.

"And why would you want that? Since when would you give up your body for this war?" He critiqued, crossing his arms and leaning back.

"I think the real question is," Jay boldly began, "Why haven't you taken it? Luke has no powers whatsoever. I do. With me as a vessel, you'd accomplish much more."

Kronos was silent for a few moments once again, his golden eyes boring into her green ones. Jay kept her cool and stared back, her expression unwavering.

"I know what you are trying to do, child." He finally replied, which made her heart skip a beat.

"You think you can save him? Your poor little lover? I'm afraid that even if I do take you as a vessel, he won't be free from this war. He pledged to it, and so have you." He said, his tone stern and deadly.

However, Jay wasn't going to give up yet, because she had a trick up her sleeve.

"You really think I'd do it just for him? My lord, I'm trying to help you. Even with all of this training, I don't think I have mastered my full potential yet. But, with you at the helm, I think it can be unleashed easily."

Kronos sat silently for a few moments before standing.

"I see your point. However, if this is some trick, I will make you pay the consequences, and I have many ideas on how. Do you understand?" He said, his tone deadly.

Jay shakily nodded. If Kronos had any flaw, it would be his hunger for power. It was insatiable, and often it clouded his judgement.

"Now, before we can do this, I must arrange some things."

Jay looked at him, confused on what he meant. Kronos nodded to a Cyclops guard.

"Keep her here. Watch her every move. I will be back."

The Cyclops nodded and clenched his spear, his one eye staring at Jay. She watched as Kronos left the room, confusion and worry bubbling within her.

******************

Nico Diangelo sat alone in an alleyway behind Demigod lines. The boy was lost in thought as he thought about his late sister, Bianca. She had died helping Percy and Annabeth on a quest a few months earlier, and the thought of her still hurt chest.

Resentment still lingered within him towards Percy, but it was slowly lifting day by day. Nico hated holding grudges, but the grief latched onto them like a set of dirty claws.

Suddenly, he heard a voice behind him.

"Nico Diangelo. Son of Hades."

Nico's blood ran cold before he turned around. Across from him in the dark alley was Luke, his eyes glowing gold in the dim light. He was wearing a white cotton shirt and black pants, a golden chestplate draped on him along with braces and leg grieves. In his hand was his sword, BackBiter, except now it had a deadly gold glow.