15 - Revelations

Jay stopped in her tracks. It was percy and Annabeth. Before anyone could do anything, Luke sent the fleece with a monster to safety.

Percy twirled his sword and stepped forward, his green eyes ablaze with ambition.

"Luke, give us the fleece."

Luke sneered, his sword Backbiter drawn and shining. He wasn't backing down anytime soon. Now Jay stood right by his side, ready to defend him. However, she was feeling hesitant. She didn't want to hurt her brother, Percy.

"Leave, you two. I don't want to hurt you, but I will if It comes down to it." warned Luke.

Annabeth held her dagger at her side, ready to pounce. Her grey eyes were stormy. Meanwhile, Percy was getting more impatient by the second.

"Jay, come back with us. He is using you! You can't side with him!" he pleaded.

Jay ignored him, holding Tidebreaker tightly in her grasp. Then, all of a sudden, Annabeth sprang at Luke, slashing her dagger angrily as tears fell from her eyes. Luke jumped and fought her off with his sword smoothly and with expertise.

"Family Luke, you promised!" She cried, her movements anger filled. Luke clenched his jaw and sparred with her. Percy then took this opportunity to run to Jay, his sword down. However, Jay saw this as a threat and raised hers, backing up. Percy looked at her, his eyes pleading.

"Jay, please."

The girl shook her head, frustrated with her mixed emotions. Meanwhile, Luke fought off Annabeth, trying his best not to seriously injure her. However, Annabeth's tactics were fueled by anger and sadness, and this clouded her judgement. 

"How could you?! You poisoned Thalia! You were her friend! The camp has no protection now!" she yelled.

Jay heard this and looked over at Luke, a look of shock painted on her face. The demigod exhaled and his eyes showed guilt and frustration as he continued to spar Annabeth.

"See, Jay? He isn't who he says he is. He'll get you killed!" Yelled Percy.

Luke heard this and growled angrily to himself.

"Jay! They need to go! They are trying to ruin our quest!" he cried, "They are wrapped around the gods' fingers."

She felt her confusion bubble into frustration, which caused her to lash out at her brother. With her sword, she swung a wide arc in front of the boy, a warning swing.

"Percy, leave! leave and you won't get hurt!"

Luke then shoved Annabeth back near Percy, huffing from fighting. 

"Get rid of them, Jay. Before they ruin us." Luke commanded, his face wet with perspiration. The girl hesitated, not wanting to hurt her friends. Plus, she didn't know how to get them off the boat.

"DO IT! MAKE A WAVE! SWEEP THEM OFF!" yelled luke, his voice changing to a gravelly tone, his eyes shimmering golden. She suddenly felt terror deep in her gut, and before Luke could do anything to her friends, she ran at them. Percy backed up, his arm around Annabeth.

"Jay.."

"Don't come back! I'm sorry!" 

With a swipe of her hand and a tug in her gut, a wave rose and she looked away as it crashed over them, washing them over the railing of the yacht. Luke quickly brushed past her, his voice now normal and sounding tired, regretful.

"Set a course farther out to sea. Now." He ordered to a surviving monster.

Jay stood silently, panting as emotions and thoughts swept through her mind.