Instead of drifting back to my original spot, I lean on the arm of Ryders' chair and place my hand in between his shoulder blades as an act of comfort. I feel his muscles relax to my touch so I leave my hand where it is as he continues speaking.

"I know what I've done is wrong. I hurt Tiana nearly every time I saw her as my feelings for her was overpowering. It didn't matter where we were since we had a place at school where I beat her the most," he said, his voice shaking slightly.

"The janitors' closet," I elaborated. "The janitor was always away during the day cleaning so ... it was empty a lot," I sighed, finishing my statement. I glance over and see tears running down Ryders check, my hand moves without thought to dry his face with my thumb. He surprises me as his hand reaches up to cover mine and moves it to my knee, never letting go as he looks up at me with deep sorrow drowning his (eye color] eyes.

Another sniffle catches my attention as I see everyone in the room was emotional as well, even  Tate who is not really involved in this situation seemed saddened by this and my mother who is usually the shoulder I cry on had a face full of snot and tears.

"I can't believe I never noticed," my mother says quietly with a heavy heart. "Of all people, I should have noticed my baby was being harmed. I'm so sorry baby. I've failed you as a parent...as a survivor," tears streamed down my mother's face as she came to my side and wrapped me in her embrace.

"I don't blame you, Mom. You're the Alphas wife and you've been the puck peacekeeper for years. You did everything you could," I reassured her.

"It wasn't enough," she sighed. I hear wailing coming from behind me. Looking over my shoulder, I see my father and all three of my brothers blubbering like babies. Tate looks over at Asher crying to himself and continues to sit still, unable to hide his discomfort.

"Why are you guys so sad?" I wonder, wiping my tear-stained cheeks with the palms of my hands. I chuckle at the sight of such masculine men acting with such a lack of maturity. They rarely get emotional...well my brothers don't, at the very least.

"We were supposed to protect you and we've failed you," Lexus sighed, looking down in shame.

"I'm your father! I was supposed to be there before you got hurt. How could I not have sensed this danger!" Conlan wailed in an overdramatic fashion. My mother sensed she was needed at the moment and went to my fathers' side.

"I kept this a secret. I mean the signs were there, maybe, but you all had your own lives. It's not like there was a flashing red sign saying 'Danger, Danger Will Robinson' okay? So please do not turn the blame to yourself," I exasperated.

"She's right!" Zakia agreed, speaking out after me. "We should blame Ryder for hurting her!" he growled out, turning his attention next to me. Well, that backfired quicker than I expected.

I once again find myself defending Ryders' right to speak by standing in front of his body like a true human shield. Since everyone feels extra sympathetic towards me, no one should dare touch or remove me, let alone undermine my current authority. People are finally starting to listen.

"He's not done. Sit...down...now!" I commanded authoritatively. Everyone obeys and sits down somewhere in the once again quiet hotel room.

Ryder cleared his throat, looking at me for reassurance then began again once he felt prepared. "My mother, crazy as she was, decided she wouldn't allow Tiana to make me throw my life away..." Ruder To rolled his eyes at these words. "...her words, not mine. She used some old witch spells to find Tiana here yesterday. Luckily, I was also on Tiana's tail and was unknowingly coming to her rescue, I was then informed of the urgency of the situation when Selene, the moon goddess, came to me in a dream telling me my mother was planning to kill Tiana if I didn't interfere and save her life. There was only one thing I could do," he noticeably hesitated to reveal the ending to this nightmare. "I killed my mother in the room we're all sitting in now."

Everyone was stunned to silence. No one seemed to guess this is how the story would end. A gruesome murder in self-defense.

"Were the proper supernatural authentics contacted?" Amanda wondered, immediately proving why her job is the Peacekeeper and alpha's wife is completely earned.

'Yes, they took care of the body and the case was closed as self-defense since they found the poison in Tiana's wine," Ryder replied.

The silence returned. I could tell the question on everyone's mind was what now?

A/N:

After a very long, but extremely needed hiatus, I have returned with the promised, juicy Chapter 31. I hope it was all of the surprised and violent reactions you were looking for. I started working on this chapter almost 3 weeks ago. That's how long it took for me to make sure I wrote this chapter how I Intended for it to be written. I've decided not to stick with personal deadlines and write when I can. I need this project to bring me less stress from personal pressure. The more fun I have with writing, the more likely I won't hate the finished product when it's all set and done. I hope you think this chapter was worth the wait. It is one of my longer ones so there's a gift for you all.

I'm also going to stop counting down how many chapters I have left to write as, again, I don't want to rush the process. I'm ok with having a general idea for the plot, but when it comes to specific plot points for each chapter, I'm going to loosen the ropes so I can have more freedom writing and it won't feel so forced for me anymore. Hopefully, this will help me produce better quality writing for you in the long run.

On a side note, I always accept friendly criticism of my writing. I'm always working on my writing style and how I present a scene. Please direct message or comment on parts of my writing where you think improvements are needed. I'm always interested in growing and learning.

Goodbye fellow readers and have a terrific Tuesday!

What will happen now that everyone knows the truth?

Will Ryder ever be accepted into the family?

Will Tiana ever fully forgive Ryder for the past?

Ryder: Of course she will, she's my mate

Rachel: I'm still the writer and your my puppet

Ryder: Is it just me or do you continue to become more cynical and evil as time goes on?

Rachel: What can I say? You bring out the worst in me

Vote

Comment

Follow