Chapter 26

"It's weird when you wake up from a bad dream and everything is still bad." Todd Strasser

Ryder's P.O.V

I'm floating in the ocean, the sea holding me up, making me feel weightless. I open my eyes and I'm startled by the being hovering above me. Immediately, I identify her as Selene the Moon Goddess.

I opened my mouth to speak and show my respect as every wolf is trained to do, but nothing comes out. I cannot speak. She smiles down at me and speaks in the most angelic voice I have ever heard.

"Don't try to speak my child. I do not have enough time and there is much to tell you," she says with a sense of urgency. I nod my head to show understanding. "Your mother is dangerous. She has used the gift of magic for and you must stop her," I give her a look of confusion and against my better judgement, I desired to argue this statement.

"I know this is difficult to believe, but before you question me think about how free you've felt these past few days," she's not wrong. "Of course I'm not wrong, I'm all-knowing," I blush in embarrassment as I knew that already.

"You're mother was mixing your protein shakes with the potion of opposite emotion. This forced every feeling you had to be the polar opposite of your true emotions. That's why your intense love for Tiana was perceived as hate and disdain," I'm shocked by this news, unsure of how to process this new information. "I know this is a lot to take in at once. I'm supposed to interfere, but Tiana needs to be saved. Very soon, your mother is going to find your mate and try to poison her. If you don't rescue her, she will die. We cannot let this happen. When you wake up, you must leave this plane as soon as it lands and follow the directions I will transmit to your wolf. Please hurry. You are Tiana's only hope."

I violently gasped as I woke up, terrified and determined to find Tiana before she met a terrible fate.

Tiana's P.O.V

After I arrived in Greece, I took a taxi to the previously chosen cheap hotel and check into my room. Everyone here served me with a smile and the city was full of color and life. I unpack some of my luggage as I get to my room and I prepare for the next adventure. My backpack is overflowing with food, maps, and items my research suggested I bring with me. I feel over-prepared...perfect!

Looking out the window, my view of the buildings and citizens makes me feel so alive. I pull out my camera and take a couple of pictures so I can always remember this moment. If I had known traveling would be this exciting, I would have done this a long time ago. I haven't felt this content with life in a long time. I haven't had those weird attacks since I got here, which is a good sign if you ask me. There is a knock on my door and I hear a faint "housekeeping" come through from the other side.

I politely tell back "no thank you!" The door opens and I'm surprised to see Ryder's mother, Pauwau. She rushes up to me and grabs me in a big hug.

"I'm so glad you're ok," she sighs in relief. I smile at the concern, but secretly I wish she hadn't found me. I hope she doesn't make me come home with her.

"How did you find me?" I ask, curious as to how she knew where to look.

"I used some old witchcraft to find you. Your whole family is so worried about you so I cast a couple of spells. I'm a bit rusty, but I'm so happy I still got it," she smirked at me.

I politely smiled back, figuring out how to ask her to leave without tipping my family off to where I am located. "Please don't tell anyone where I am. I just want to live my life exploring and leave my past behind me," I explain.

Her eyes twinkle and her lips stretch wider, "don't you worry. Your secret is safe with me."

A/N:

I'm sorry the chapters have been so short lately. I don't always have a lot of time to make them more descriptive. I hope you still enjoyed this chapter and have a talkative Tuesday!

Will Ryder get there in time?

Will Tiana figure out what Pauwau's intentions are?

Why did Selene care about Tiana's fate so much?

Ryder: It's because the Moon Goddess knows how amazing I am

Rachel: Don't be so cocky

Ryder: It's not cocky if it's true

Rachel: HA, you wish

Ryder: Puleese, you know I'm a perfect piece of white chocolate

Rachel: Well sure, you're gross and hated by many

Ryder: -_-