Chapter 19

"Life is about how much you can take and keep fighting, how much you can suffer and keep moving forward." Anderson Silva

Tiana's P.O.V

(fast forward to the Friday before graduation)

The year has been long and painful. Ryder hasn't gotten any better, but at least he's been consistent, proving he really is a monster. No late night stalking or crawling into my bed unannounced. My feelings are clear: I hate him.

My final day of school should have been happy, celebrated. The sounds of lockers closing makes me jump, quickens my heart beat. It reminds me of every shove and push Ryder has used against me. Walking these hallways, the never ending tunnel with no light in sight, I begin to sweat, breath heavily. Flashes of painful memories. I can't walk through here without anticipating the worst.

Feeling like the walls are closing around me, I rush to the bathroom. I can't breathe. My lungs are collapsing. I'm dying. Maybe the Moon Goddess finally took pity on me and is letting me die.

After a few minutes, I began to feel somewhat normal again. Why does this keep happening to me?

The bell rings, telling me it's lunch time. My brothers are ignoring me, like always. All I can think about is getting out of here for good. I see Persephone moving towards us out of the corner of my eye and she has a stack of envelopes in her hands.

"Hey guys!" she chirps. "You're all invited to the 'We're Leaving H*ll' party that I'm throwing in the pack house. No parents allowed! Hope to see you there!" Persephone hands everyone an invitation and skips away. What is she on and does she have any left for me to buy.

I smiled for the first time in a while at the thought of celebrating freedom anywhere but here.

(fast forward to the party)

I walk in and all I see is red solo cups, b*ngs, j*ints, and other drugs I can't even identify. The music is loud, no one is sober, and I'm ready to party.

"Hey girlie! Glad you could make it! What's your vice?" she winks.

"Get me a cup of whatever and let me get a hit off that b*ong!"

"Coming right up!" she smiled, rushing away to get me a cup. I sit on the couch and someone passes it to me.

I breathe in every moment of trauma and exhale freedom. As the smoke from my mouth fills the room, Ryder walks through the fog, ruining any seconds of joy and peace I felt.

His eyes immediately gravitate to me, scowling at the b*ong between my thighs. Before he could say anything, Persephone strolls into the living room with my cup and yells out, "spin the bottle!" while raising a be*r glass in her hand.

All of the humans and werewolves holler in excitement, though we all know if you're mated, you can't participate.

Everyone sits in a circle and I join in. Ryder sees this and sits across from me, glaring the entire time. The bottle is placed in the center and Persephone goes first. I made the mistake of sitting beside her. After she kisses some random human, it's my turn.

I give it a good spin, praying it doesn't land on...

"Ryder! You gotta kiss Ryderrr," Persephone jokes and emphasizes, clearly intoxicated. Since no one knows were mates, nothing is said in our defense.

"I don't know...I don't want to kiss a fish mouth," Ryder complains, clearly trying to get out of this.

"NOPE! You gotta kiss, thems the rules," she hiccups and giggles. Ryder rolls his eyes and makes his way towards me. Do it quick. Just get it over with.

Our lips meet and my whole body is shocked with pleasure. His lips fit with mine perfectly, like a puzzle piece that's been missing from my life. For a moment, I wanted more.

As we pull away, I'm reminded by the disgusted look on his face why we can't do that ever again.

Ryder's P.O.V

Most everyone is asleep on couches, the floor, and beds in the pack house. The parents graciously kept their promise of not leaving their rooms, so the house is quiet...

"Must kiss mate again," Raudolf whines.

Except for him.

"I heard that. I'm in your head, dummy," he squeaks.

Wandering around, I spot Tiana sleeping on the couch. I've tried to stay away from her, because my heart and my mind can never agree on anything. I stopped fighting the anger, even though I still slept under her window every night.

She seems at peace, something I haven't seen from her in a long time. I've tried to be what my mind wants me to be, but I can't. I kissed my mate...and I liked it.

A/N:

Before I say anything I have to say I don't support underage drinking or smoking. Ok, now that's out of the way...this was a fun chapter to write. I was going through my outline and I realized this book is more than halfway finished. It's sad to know this book will be ending in about 10 chapters, but I'm excited to finally finish this after 3 years of trying. Luckily, I have already found my next passion project and I want to publish this upcoming book. I hope you guys will check it out if it gets published, and please have a terrific Tuesday.

What do you think will happen after graduation?

Do you think Ryder will change his mind about Tiana?

Why did he like that kiss?

Conlan: *cries softly*

Rachel: What's wrong now?

Conlan: It's almost over *cries louder*

Ryder: Bro, suck it up

Conlan: I-I can't! We're gonna be dead. Never to be written about again

Ryder: Wait what? Is this true?

Rachel: Well, when this book is finished, yes, the series will be over and you will be in a never ending loop of the same story

Ryder: Oh Moon Goddess, I'm gonna be stuck in a mediocre story forever!

Rachel: Don't you dare call it mediocre or else I'll kill you off and you'll have to die over and over again

Ryder: You are evil

Rachel: Nah, I'm just a writer

Vote

Comment

Follow