CHAPTER FOUR: The time

Her eyes wanted to open, but Mary did not have the strength for it yet. She was still too sleepy, yet everything inside her screamed that she must wake up.

Twas not fear that woke her up. In contraire, twas love that did.

When she was finally able to open her eyes, all she could see were the gorgeous eyes of her husband. His head was hanging above her, close enough to kiss.

And kissing he was doing.

His lips moved from her cheeks to her forehead, over her nose to her, and finally remained on her lips.

"My apologies," he whispered in jest, "did I wake you?"

Mary laughed, both at his silly jest as well as the many kisses he gave her. O twas lovely!

Eli had been working late last night, and Mary had tried to stay awake until he came to bed. But it would seem she fell asleep at some point, for twas morning now, and her husband was on top of her.

He lifted his lips off her and looked down on her.

"You lost," he told her.

"What bet?" she asked with a frown.

"I can stay up longer than you."

"O, my apologies," she told him with an all knowing tone, "but I did not realize that was a bet."

"Everything is a bet," he whispered with his low, sexy voice, right before his mouth crashed down on hers again. There was an explosion of heat inside her body, and it did not get extinguished when he pulled up her night gown.

In fact, the fire burnt harder at that act, and soon, his hand had trailed all the way over the body, taking the piece of clothing with him. While giving her a kiss, he pulled her up and pulled the gown over her head. She did not know where he threw it at. She was not bothered by it either.

She was naked.

Her husband was on top of her.

Fully clothed.

That was a disappointment. But it did not take her long to react to that feeling. She moved her hand from his face to his shoulders, then pushed him with all her force until he was on his back and she was on top of him.

He gave her a mischievous smile that made her belly flutter like she only now realized how bloody much she loved this man. For loving she did!

She pushed away from him, fighting against his arms that were trying to pull her back down. With a seductive smile, she was able to calm him down. Then, slowly, she moved her hands over his belly. And when she reached the button the closest to his neck, she opened it. Slowly, her hands trailed further down his belly, unbuttoning every button, until the shirt fell open to show the most magnificent and muscled belly she had ever seen.

True, she had not seen many bellies - especially men's - but whose could be better than Eli's?

With his shirt open, her hands trailed down even more, taking his trousers along. Twas usually he would undress them both, but sometimes Mary took matters in her own hands and undressed her husband. She would usually do it slowly and seductively, for that would annoy Eli. And his annoyance pleased her. Not only because his love making was more enthusiastic, but also because she liked teasing him.

When she had finally taken off his pants and thrown it off the bed, Eli sat up, took her in his arms and pushed her down on the bed. He was on top again, and yes, even that was a bet to them.

He smiled down on her, his breath quick from excitement.

"The children are still asleep," he told her. "We should enjoy our peace."