1

This is the first time I've felt this scared. I was dead scared for my life.

Shots continued to be fired around me as I frantically ducked under the table inside this convenient store. I was just buying a toothpaste. I never wanted any of this to happen. Heck, I don't want to die yet.

"Just surrender!" A low voice shouted. There was a slight tone of fear laced on his voice but I knew he was trying his best to act tough.

"Oh, we're scared." A cold voice answered back sarcastically. It was a familiar voice. It's like I've heard it somewhere but I'm just too scared now to put a name to the voice. "Now you put that gun down or else I'll shoot your brains out."

The voice scared the shit out of me. I scooted farther back under the table but I hit an empty can. It fucking made a loud sound and then one thing led to another and the next thing I knew is that I had a gun pointed on my head.

"Surrender Treasure or else this innocent girl will die!" I froze. I couldn't even bring myself to fight back. This whole time, my eyes were close.

"Man, just leave the poor girl alone." Another familiar voice said, concern evident in his tone.

"If you come with me, this girl will live." The man pressed the gun harder against my head, making me tremble.

"Shoot her." The cold voice said. My eyes immediately went wide, fear slowly embracing my body. I met with a familiar pair of eyes. They were blank and emotionless.

"Yoshi hyung, we can't let her die!" It was Doyoung. I can't believe what I am seeing, Yoshi and Doyoung are holding guns in their hands as if they were toys. They seemed too familiar with them, attached even. I've known Yoshinori to be someone who is cold and snobbish but this? This is way beyond my imagination. Doyoung? He is a sweet innocent little boy.

"Just shoot her! Put an end to her life. We don't even know her." The words that left Yoshi's mouth made me cry. I know we are not close, and that we don't even talk with each other but he can't just let me die like this. I looked at his eyes and tried to gain sympathy but they were just dead.

"You're stubborn, Ace." The man holding me sneered. "If it's fine with you, then I will just kill this lady then." I just closed my eyes. I'm just going to accept my fate. I'm gonna die here without anyone to help me.

Then, I heard a loud bang coming from a gun. I felt everything slow down. Is this the end? Am I dead? I felt someone fall against me. That is when I opened my eyes. There I saw Yoshinori with the gun on his hand. He was breathing heavily, but there is a distinct calmness in his aura. Wait, am I not dead yet?

I looked beside me and saw the man who was pointing his gun earlier at me, laying on top of his own pool of blood. He was shot right in the center of his forehead. I screamed in horror.

"Tone it down, Lee Mirae." Yoshinori eyed me. I immediately shut up. He's way too scary and he just killed someone. He doesn't even seem fazed by it. It seems normal to him.

"Noona, are you fine?" Doyoung rushed toward my side and checked if I was shot in the process of Yoshinori killing someone.

"I'm not." I answered, trembling. "What are you even---? What did I just see?"

"Something you shouldn't have." Yoshinori answered, looking at me straight in the eye with his icy stare.

"Noona, we're going to drop you off at your house, okay?" Doyoung told me. I just nodded my head as I was still shocked by everything that happened.

The two boys guided me to a black sports car that I have seen many times before. It was Yoshinori's. They let me sit on the back while Doyoung sat on the shotgun seat. Yoshinori drove in silence while Doyoung cleaned his hands that were covered in blood. He's just 16. Why is he doing this? Why are they doing this?

The ride went unexpectedly well. The silence made me a bit comfortable even though I know that I should be bat shit scared of these boys right now. They dropped me off my door and made sure that I got in safely before speeding off. Doyoung was kind enough to apologize to me for the unexpected turn of things that happened. Meanwhile, Yoshinori was just standing coolly against the hood of his car.

I walked straight to my room and to my bed. I didn't realize that I was still trembling the whole time. I recount all the things that happened. Toothpaste! I was just getting toothpaste. I didn't expect everything to end up like this. I've just seen two of the most popular guys in school engage into something that I wouldn't even imagine them to be in before. Yoshinori and Doyoung of the infamous Treasure can kill. Then, perhaps maybe, all of Treasure can?

My head hurts right now. I was close to losing my life if not for Yoshinori. Wait, he really did save me after saying he won't. Was it just a front? Did he mean to save me all this time? I don't know what to think now. Maybe sleep can help me calm down. And so, I forced myself to fall asleep.