Chapter 13: Danger-ous (Taemin POV)

Start from the beginning

Naeun...the more I say her name, the more I missed her.

As the party atmosphere got underway, I noticed Minah gesturing me to follow her...to the balcony. What could be so important now...?

"Oppa..." she spoke shyly. "While I was away in Singapore...I kinda thought about you..."

"That's thoughtful...Minah ssi..." I answered politely. "Did you enjoy yourself there?"

"I did...but..." she continued speaking.

Seriously...the fact that Minah pulled me aside from the others makes me think that she has got something important to tell me. But, with a typical hesitant character of hers, she takes really long to tell me stuff. It's not the first time this happened...

Sigh, I wished Naeun was around...she always had something to tell me and never hesitated to share her life with me. Maybe because we are project partners and because my story is about our relationship...

Now just thinking of Naeun made me nostalgic. I only remembered the good times with her back then while all the bad times were just vague memories...

Vague memories...

"Oppa...?" I suddenly heard Minah's voice again. That brought me back to reality.

"Ne ne I'm listening!" I blindly answered. Good job Taemin...

"I wasn't even talking..." Minah innocently pointed out. Wonderful...I should receive an award for 'Inattentive Namja'.

"Choesonghabnida..." I apologised. "But still, you did call me out because you wanted to speak to me. What is it you wanted to tell me...?"

Minah continued to fidget.

"Yah...Bang Minah..." I shook her. "I hope we aren't staring out aimlessly here..."

Yeah...because you totally weren't doing that when thinking about Naeun.

"Arasso oppa!" Minah spoke up. "I should not hide it anymore."

So I opened my ears and listened to Minah speak.

"I know we were in the same school before and we shared a few classes too," she told me. "Maybe you have forgotten this next bit...but actually I had a crush on you for a long time... But you always left me alone...like you acted like I wasn't there."

Hearing Minah's confession triggered a few areas of my memory...why did I treat her like that...

"Don't you know I was devastated when you left school to pursue a music career?! I was all alone...with no friends to lean on," Minah continued. "But fate must have smiled upon me, because I saw that you were able to debut with SHINee in 2008. I could go to music shows and see you and SHINee perform. So I still held my feelings for you."

She...really did like me a lot, I thought.

"Fate must have smiled upon me again during my pursuit in music too," Minah added. "Remember I got the chance to become a member of Girl's Day in 2010? That meant I could be performing on stage with you and SHINee more often. Now we could meet each other on stage too!"

"I remember," I smiled at that thought. "To think us being on the same stage at times is also thrilling, considering we are from the same school."

"But...I should not be hiding in fear anymore..." Minah suddenly took the conversation in a direction that was becoming more like...

"Waeyo Minah ssi...?" I asked.

Suddenly she hugged me...

"Lee Taemin..."

She was...sobbing?

"Nae ga...jinja joh-a haeyo..." Minah confessed. "Please don't leave me..."

Mwo...?!?!

"Minah yah..." it was my turn to be hesitant. "Sasil..."

"Oppa..." Minah was now in tears. "Can't you see?! How much I like you? You used to say that to me too!!"

I wanted to believe what Minah just told me...but there were two problems.

Firstly, Naeun. I'm Naeun's boyfriend...and here Minah is trying to win me over...maybe she knows something.

Secondly, whatever the case, Minah seems to know the reason why Naeun and I parted ways back then. Is that why she's here too? To apologise? Or to seek revenge? Jigeum mollayo...

"Minah..." I began, only to be interrupted by someone's scream.

"OPPA!"

This was a familiar scream in many ways, but also unfamiliar because I never heard her scream like this before.

Staring in front of me at the front door, was the one person who just had to come at this awkward and unlucky moment.

Son Naeun...

~ ~ ~

A/N: Oh dear! Cliffhanger!! Did Naeun misunderstand the situation?!?! Seems like the start of a love triangle. So what does Taemin do now? And also, what does Minah know?

Haha, I thought putting my Girl's Day biases in the story will have an effect. Minah and Taemin are same aged, meaning Minah is Naeun's unnie. So expect a lot from her soon. I don't have plans to make a Minah POV though.

Q: Just out of curiosity, who do you ship? TaEun or Taemin-Minah?

Anyway, glad that I can update more often and glad you guys are showing a lot of support for this TaEun fanfic.

Vote + Comment ~