This could change everything

Just being in Megatron's presence sent chills down Knockout's backstrut. The warlord's menacing gaze was locked on him, making him feel like he couldn't move at all. Paralyzed by fear, he did not dare utter a word.

"I'm in need of a medic, doctor. I've heard from your colleagues that you're the best around. Would you say that's true?" Megatron began, his tone eerily calm and collected. That was unlike him, which only made him seem even more terrifying.

Knockout suddenly seemed to find his voice at the mentioning of his colleagues, anger boiling up in his chassis. "If you hurt any of them, you're going to pay." He seethed, letting his rage get the better of him.

The silver titan only chuckled, soon joined by the other Decepticons that were gathered nearby. "And how, pray tell, am I going to pay? You can't do a thing to me." His lips soon twisted into a sinister snarl as he leaned in close to Knockout's face. "If you try, I'll grant you the same painful death that your fellow doctors received."

Knockout's spark seemed to stop beating right then and there, a sick feeling settling within his tanks. "I-I have a family... p-please.." He whimpered pitifully, his wide scarlet optics staring at the warlord. A small squeak of fear escaped him when Megatron placed a hand on his shoulder, his frame trembling harder.

"I will give you one offer and one offer only." Megatron rumbled, his expression neutral once more as he gazed upon the trembling medic. "Now, as I said before, I am in need of a medic. If you so graciously choose to join the Decepticon cause and be our medic, then I shall give you and your family protection in return. You have two solar-cycles to make your decision. Once the two solar-cycles up, my offer is invalid. If you fail to show your pathetic face at that time, I shall send my troops to kill you and your family. Am I clear?"

Knockout's spark sunk even lower, if that was possible. There seemed like no way out. It was either join the savage Decepticons in their conquest for destruction and power or seal the fate of himself and his family. This was a lose-lose situation, but maybe getting protection from the Decepticons would be a good thing. Maybe then Wildbreak would be safe from the violence. After a moment of thinking, Knockout slowly nodded. "A-Alright." He managed to stutter.

A smile appeared on Megatron's face and he removed his hand from Knockout's shoulder, rising to his full height. "Good choice, Doctor. I expect to see you in two solar-cycles. If you wish to live another day, that is." And with that, the silver warlord lumbered down the hallway with his posse of Decepticons flanking him.

Knockout just stood there in silence, letting all of it sink in. He let out a shaky breath and pressed his palms against his cheeks. "What have I done...?" He whispered to himself, tears gathering in his optics. How was he going to tell Breakdown?

A/N: I believe a solar-cycle is the equivalent of a day on Cybertron, so Knockout has two days just to avoid any confusion!