• 10 •

HER HEAD FELT HEAVY AS SHE SLOWLY OPENED HER EYES, blinking as the light in the room seemed to blind her

HER HEAD FELT HEAVY AS SHE SLOWLY OPENED HER EYES, blinking as the light in the room seemed to blind her. A groan left her lips as her hand moved slightly to her head before she tried to get up. "Hey, slow down," a deep voice rose inside her ears and Daphne finally did look up. Her gaze met the worried look of Dick Grayson before she let her eyes roam over the room that didn't seem familiar.

"Take it easy, huh."

His hand landed on her shoulder as if he wanted so soothed her. Her eyes found his. "What happened?" She asked, her throat feeling a little sore as the pounding in her head got even worse. Her hand wandered to her forehead before she flinched as she touched a certain spot.

"You probably shouldn't do that," Dick murmured and Daphne lowered her arm carefully. "What happened?" She asked again after he seemed to ignore her question. "In that house," he started as his eyes watched her movements like he wasn't sure what she could do next. "Rachel lost control and you," Dick halted in his words, his lips slightly open as he watched her. Fear made its way in her bones as it all came back to her.

Of what she did.

She blinked as she quickly avoided eye contact, trying so desperately to look at anything else than him. "Hey, it's okay," he started again but the redhead cut him off. "You don't know me, you know nothing of me so don't tell me it's okay," she almost hissed at him while she tried to get up, even when every bone in her body ached while doing so.

A silence grew between them and Daphne tried so hard from stopping the trembling of her lips.

"Well, if you need to talk about it, my door is always open," Dick suddenly said but she didn't turn around. Her gaze was fixed on something through the window, something, anything to get her mind of those flashes in her mind. She heard him walking towards the door, halting only for a moment. "I wanted to say thank you, for well saving me I guess." But as her head turned towards him, he was gone. The door closed behind him leaving her in this thickening silence.

Daphne tried to calm herself, but yet the imagines still rose in her mind higher and higher.

She had lost control, something that should not have happened at all. The redhead leaned against the cold surface of the window, releasing a breath as she enjoyed and welcomed the cold. "How could this happened?" She mumbled to herself, closing her eyes only for a moment.

Daphne remembered anything now, the moment where her powers just let loose because of this girl. This girl with whatever powers she has. This destroyer of worlds.

Harbinger of death.

She could still hear the words as Kory had read them out loud and it still made her body tremble at the thought, knowing who Kory had meant with that. Slowly, Daphne opened her eyes and even spotted the lilac haired girl outside with a green-haired boy.