• 06 •

DAPHNE GLAROU NEVER has been a religious person

DAPHNE GLAROU NEVER has been a religious person. Maybe it had to do with the lost memories of her past as a child, not remembering what her parents had thought her, but the redhead also never felt the need to be that religious. She respected the people who were though, to the people who believed and prayed at their god or gods, no matter which religion you belong to.

Yet, she suddenly felt nervous as her blue orbs darted around the convent that seemed to loom over her like a dark shadow.

"And you are sure that they are still in there?"

Eyebrows furrowed, the redhead turned towards Dick again who watched her already, almost waiting for an answer. "Why do you say that?" Her eyes twitch towards the building again, no car was seen and she doubts that they or more like that woman would hide that car. They didn't even know that Dick and Daphne were following them.

"Well, first off there is no other car out here and if I was being very honest I get a weird feeling off this place," she suddenly started, already confused about why she added the last part. Dick just looked at her, his brown eyes searched for something and Daphne got the feeling as he could see through her. It made her uncomfortable in so many ways. "Why did you wanted to come with me?" His question caught her off guard and suddenly her lips felt more than just dry. Yes, she wanted to get revenge on that family for what they did to Dawn, but there was also something else she couldn't understand.

There was just this feeling, this need for her to go. To go finding whatever the hell she may look for.

"To find that family, so that justice can be served for what they did to Dawn," Daphne muttered before she met his eyes. It wasn't a lie, but it also wasn't the truth either and the way Dick Grayson raised his eyebrow just a little at her words, told her that he knew. He knew that she wasn't telling the whole truth but the redhead didn't even know what the honesty was.

She couldn't describe it, she just had to go with him.

That was all she knew.

The sudden silence bothered Daphne and the redhead bit her bottom lip, trying to find something to say or even ask him. She had so many questions who demanded an answer, yet none of them left the tip of her tongue.

Dick let his hand brush through his hair before he thought about picking up the tablet again. The redhead was very observant; noticing that no other car was parked here outside before he even could and suggestion to use the tablet again. With the technology, he still used thanks to Bruce Wayne, even when Dick would never truly admit it so easily, was it easier to catch bad guys or finding a missing person if necessary. "Are you gonna check the tracking device again or-," Daphne started slowly, eyes fixed onto the tablet beside her, wanting to use it herself.

Without a response, Dick grabbed the tablet and searched for the plate again, just like the first time. He could feel her curious eyes on him, searching for any reaction whatsoever.