• 09 •

"ARE YOU SURE THIS IS A GOOD IDEA?" Daphne still debated if that lead was even the truth

"ARE YOU SURE THIS IS A GOOD IDEA?" Daphne still debated if that lead was even the truth. The fact that hunters had seen a tiger in the middle of a snow-covered forest with a green fur sounded like something a drug addict would imagine. But Dick wanted to know almost everything about that lead which was the reason the three of them stood in front of the house with the address the police officer had given him.

"We can at least try," he told her before he started knocking on the door. Only a few minutes after the door opened it revealed a man who seemed to be in his forties with a red and white flannel shirt. He eyed them all up, eyes stopping only shortly at Kory and Daphne before he met the gaze of Dick.

"What do you want?"

Grayson pulled out his badge showing it to him. "We need to talk to you about the girl you saw in the woods," he started with a firm voice and the redhead nibbled on her bottom lip. The hunter seemed to tense after his question. "What?"

"Did she say anything? Did you see where she went?" Dick carried on his eyes never leaving the man. "You know I already talked to the cops, so you can fuck off," the hunter hissed moving his arm and body away so he could close the door. But Dick launched forward, stopping him. "Hey! You can't do that," the man yelled at him. "I'm gonna need you to answer my questions."

Daphne shallowed the sudden lump in her throat after she heard how stern Grayson talked to that man.

How angry he sounded.

"You better back off." Before someone could reply to that, the hunter picked up his rifle loading it but Dick was faster. He pushed the man backward as he landed on his back a grunt leaving his lips. Daphne's eyes widened not recognizing the oh so sudden change in Dick's character as he went inside the house. Kory and the redhead following them.

Wide-eyed Daphne watched as Dick hit the man before pulling him up at the front of his flannel shirt. "Did you see where the girl went?" Anger could be heard in his voice and if the redhead was honest, she was scared at the moment.

"Dick," his name slipped out of her mouth, sounding like a plea. But Grayson didn't seem to hear her.

"Answer me!"

He pushed the man against the glass table in the living room. "Did you touch her? Did you hurt her?" He yelled, again and again, hitting the man in the face. Panic rose in Daphne's heart. "Dick," her voice almost trembled as she suddenly spots a little child at the side, watching them with wide eyes. "Dick," the redhead repeated but he wouldn't stop.

"Dick!" Daphne yelled grabbing his arm and pulling him back. Dick stumbled blinking in confusion at the redhead as her eyes trailed towards the boy. His gaze followed hers.

"Daddy," the little boy screamed running to his father hugging him. Perplex Grayson stared at his bloodied knuckles before he turned around and walked out of the house. The redhead followed him calling out his name for him to stop walking. "What the hell was that?" She swallowed her lump down her throat, blue orbs taking in the features of Dick Grayson. "Why did you do that, huh? He didn't deserve to be beaten up in his own home," Daphne began.