three.

Zahara flipped her hair behind her head and fixed her graphic tee

Zahara flipped her hair behind her head and fixed her graphic tee. She took a sip of the light alcohol drink and placed it down. She didn't drink often, because her mother always told her that alcohol was something that affected the body, including your third eye. So, she kept it at a minimum. She had no choice to when she was slowly becoming an alcoholic in her college days.

Her mother was very spiritual and holistic. She grew up in a family where she didn't eat meat and was pretty much a vegan. The family was looked at as weird since the two daughters were born, because their parents didn't fit into the society. They were two black hippies that didn't fit the norm of what people thought black people were.

Throughout Zahara's childhood, her friends were shocked to see her father smoking weed on the porch with his nails painted, playing guitar. Instead of being on the streets.

It took a toll on Zahara and Kasey growing up, because they just weren't normal. They didn't grow up like their peers did and the didn't do things that their peers did.

Zahara was always trying to blend in. She tried so hard that she forgot who she was and ended up falling off track. She wanted to have a normal family, but her mother snapped her to reality. Her father told her that normal wasn't real.

Normal was a safe word for people who didn't want to step out of their comfort zone. Normal was for people who were afraid to peel off the paint off the wall and see it for what it really was. Normal was for people who had personality, but were so locked into a box that they didn't know any other emotions but negative ones.

And just like that, Zahara grew to love her family, and her upbringing for what it was. She was over that phase. But there was just one thing that she couldn't tackle...

Being an adult and taking responsibility. Being a human and trying to be aware.

At the age of twenty six, she was nothing of the sort.

"We come here almost every Saturday and every time we come here, it's like the comedians they bring get worse and worse."

Topanga scoffed and watched as the handsome black man stood with confidence on stage as he earned laugh across the audience.

"I think he's funny."

"You think he's fine and you wouldn't mind fucking him on that stage-"

"Zahara!" Topanga nudged her as she looked around. She placed her arm into the table as looked over at Zahara as if she was bat shit crazy.

She was right.

Zahara was bat shit crazy.

"What? I'm just saying what you're thinking."

"In public though..." Topanga rolled her eyes. She looked off to the comedian and sighed heavily.

"So, what's going on with the whole 'losing your job' thing?" Topanga looked at her. "Did you find something else?"