|46|

It doesn't take longer than a second to realize that Kim Jisoo is beautiful, that she has always been beautiful no matter what state she's in. One would be a fool to deny it let alone ignore just how God took the time to craft her. Bobby always thinks he could stare at her all day long without any regrets. Jisoo was happy, is happy and that was a sight to behold. He would never wish to stray his eyes away nor blink for her.

Now, it was all different. Different yet familiar at the same time. He wished it didn't feel like the latter at all. He wished he didn't know the reason so he could go along his day thinking of ways to woo the girl of his dreams.

Today... Bobby just wished Jisoo never talked to him and stated passively that he might never get a second date with her.

"Of course. I get it. You have a thing going on with Jennie, right?" Bobby kept the smile up despite Jisoo looking guilty. He didn't need to see that. Not at all. "And with Lisa and Chaeyoung too. You're all performing so it's busy hours!"

"Bobby--"

"I enjoyed our date. It was one of the best days!"

Her lips pulled a small smile. It became more evident that the happiness in her eyes wasn't because of him. "I had fun too. You're a great guy, Kim Jiwon."

He nodded his head and scratched his nape, not knowing what to do after. He wasn't a stranger to rejections but a part of him still wasn't ready to hear it spelled out for him. A part of him still hoped, hopes that a time would come when Jisoo considers him again.

It was pathetic. It was unmanly but he excused himself, sprinting towards one place where he would be unbothered. It was pathetic and all that he swore to himself he won't ever do. But there he was... finding himself seated and staring off in space as his best friend stole glances at him.

"You alright?"

"Do I look that ugly much for you to ask me?"

"We both know you can't get uglier than that." Bobby looked up at the brunette still focused on his computer screen. His friend looked haggard but thanks to some sweet snacks, he didn't look much of a zombie. "Don't worry. I can't get worse than how I am right now too."

"You look alright."

"And you don't." He commented before turning in his chair to meet his gaze. "You're about to mope. Do you want a hug from me right now?"

"Geez, Hanbin-ah, I'm not clingy and soft like you. What exactly do you take me for? Yah! Stay on your seat!!"

The two men laughed at their usual interaction even though Bobby successfully dodged another hugging session from Hanbin. He didn't mind it but in a few minutes, silence took over and he was just watching him lay mixes over his tracks. Hanbin wasn't talking though this kind of presence was what Bobby needs in his life. He considers the brunette as his best friend and keeps him around despite them not being in the same circle of friends.

"Did you have a fight with Jennie Kim again?"

"Nah. It ain't worth of my swag."

"I see." Hanbin's short reply was followed by a new mix played through the speakers. It was upbeat and the older one wasn't so into his thinking and heartbreak, he would've bobbed his head to it. "You really like her, don't you?"

Bobby didn't answer him immediately. The unfinished mix ended before he decided how to put Hanbin off the topic. He leaned his body back, almost slouching like a lazy student.