|27|

"I hate this."

Jisoo internally sighed as that line came from the younger girl. Again. Jennie seemed to be at least decently cooperating with some things but when it's come to her own clothes, she stood her ground as if the whole weight of Olympus nailed her onto it. She averted her eyes from her clipboard and saw the latter emerging with the white laced dress gracing her frame. It was beautiful and a perfect fit if anyone asks Jisoo.

But then Jennie looks beautiful in all of them.

Though Jennie would roll her eyes and start up some complaints from the way its waistline is too loose up to the threads itching her skin. Nothing ever fits for her or for her body and they've been dragging the hours in one place. Jisoo can seriously tell that by some fraction her lips tugged up slightly, it was because the schedule was getting messed up for her. Even though it was all preparation for Jennie's birthday.

"Mr. Do and his wife... yes or no?"

"I seriously have no idea who that is."

"Apparently they're the owners of the hydroelectric power plant." Jisoo read from the description, hinting a bit of interest because she was getting tired but talking monotonously was a no-no. "I'm putting a yes?"

"Oh yeah sure. What's next? Owner of a mining company or some bunch of caves?"

She intake a breath because there's actually something like that 2 pages down. "Just say if it's a yes or no, Jennie. Then we can move on to that particular name with that exact occupation. You have 500 plus families to consider for invitations."

"Ugh. This fucking sucks. Why am I involved with this again?"

'If I had a dollar for each time she says that... I'll be rich. I wouldn't have to stay working like this.'

Jisoo had those thoughts but it's not like she'll ever act upon it. Every time it gets harder for Jennie's words were harsher since she was always grumpy. The girl that used to get on her nerves was making a come back and she's actually trying to break a record for it. Most people they've interacted with are silent by the corner unless they haven't peed on their pants. No one dares to talk back to the young heiress after all.

She can almost feel pity for them. Then she remembers she was the one about to experience a more foul mood later on. And very difficult to take home Jennie Kim when she'd surely be finding someone to hook up with.

"You said you want to decide things." Jennie met her gaze, fire never fading from those orbs that always were sent towards her own. "This is a practice of independence you so much desired, Jennie."

"Right."

"If you want,you could be the one checking this by yourself--"

"Who the fuck wants to do that? Am I that bored with my life?" She groaned with her face looking up the ceilings. "I could do better things and people than this."

The flashback of that scene Jisoo interrupted heated up the older girl. It's not in a pleasant way, never in that, as she presumed she hated every second of it. She doesn't want Jennie doing that again with that girl or with anyone else. Why would anyone want the person they like doing those with somebody else, right?

Jennie, on the other hand, seemed like it was all casual talk to her when she spoke like some horny teenager. She gave a sly smile to the assisstant on the side and it took all of Jisoo's patience to accept another dress from the worker's hand. She pushed it in Jennie's arms, not caring how it even looked like just that it was black and somehow glittery under its outer cover.