|35|

"Jennie's quite nice. Won't she allow you to welcome the new year with us?"

Jisoo was fixing her clothes to bring and everything when Sae Ra entered her room. The used clothes were settled on a different side, not that she had a lot to pack, but she wasn't just about to throw them in one place. That was just messy and disgusting.

Jennie didn't really say she had to come back that soon. She didn't specify that three days extension, Jisoo did that herself. But somehow it felt like she wanted to go back more than staying in this home she had. If that reminds her of a fairy tale, it'll be quite funny because she'd be returning to a beauty and not a beast.

"Yeah, she is. I think she pretty much liked this winter season." She nodded and gave a smile to the old woman. "But I don't want to push it."

"What is it about you two girls? Liking the winter and cold. Now that I think about it, you've never liked summer."

"Maybe we both like getting cuddles."

"Come again?" She asked as Jisoo only muttered her reply.

She threw a laugh as the old woman squinted her eyes. "I said, maybe it's a Capricorn thing or something."

"I don't think Capricorns favor that-- Omo! She has the same zodiac sign as you?" Sae Ra gasped and sat on the edge of her bed. Jisoo glanced at the latter's side and didn't miss the present left unopened. "When's her birthday? You told me you've been helping her prepare for that."

"More like it's my job to prepare for that." She chuckled as she finished folding the last of her clothes. "It's the 16th of January."

"I thought we missed it! We could've have celebrated it and prepared more food."

"Didn't I mention you it to you before? I think I did. Eommoni, I think you're being forgetful these days."

"This kid!" She playfully slapped Jisoo on the shoulder after the teasing remark. Smiles on both of their faces kept intact. "Do you think Jennie enjoyed her stay here? She left too soon. She could've spend more time. Or is it because she didn't want to--

"Aniyaaa... it's not like that. Jennie was actually happy. Can't you tell from her wide smiles when she said goodbye the other day?"

After the whole fun and games that Jennie partake with them, she had to leave soon. Jisoo remembered the furrow in her eyebrows when Jinwoo showed up himself to fetch her. It was a riot when he arrived with Hong Jun because two expensive cars were in the orphanage's driveway. It was more of that riot when Sae Ra recognized him at first sight and the children shot up at the chance to ask him things.

It was a breather that Jennie was fixing her things from Jisoo's room. So she didn't hear nor see Jisoo interacting as calm as she could manage even when there was a storm brewing inside her. The man laughed with amusement at the cuteness of children, not letting Jisoo buried her long time crush for him. They had a few conversation about the past too. Nothing too deep or anything since it might not really anything that much anymore. But Jinwoo's smiles and eyes towards her when he's not preoccupied by Sae Ra or the kids might've just made her a little giddy for them. Just a little since she already knew how it was to feel like exploding for another set of eyes and smiles.

"I think she was actually happy. She doesn't do anything big during Christmas."

"Not even with her family?"

Jisoo shrugged, an unsure smile making its way to her lips. "Well now she's spending it with her cousin."

"Oh Jisoo..." Sae Ra sighed and ran her hand through the latter's hair. "You should've told me they were related."