Were they still best friends? No. Best friends don't kiss and have sex like they just did.

Were they back to being friends with benefits? No, it can't be. At least she hopes not because that was far too real. Way too deep than anything they've done before.

What does it mean for them if it wasn't one of those two things? What if the boundaries they crossed over lead them to a dark pit where there is no way their relationship could be salvage again? What if it actually means something more for them? What if it makes them a couple, makes them together like those happy people they've watch too many times... and then what?

What comes after that for the both of them?

It was funny how all those questions didn't seem to matter before. How Jisoo could easily ignore them because of her feelings taking over. How she was now dumbstruck with what to say or do the moment Jennie wakes up despite her telling herself she could manage the aftermath of what she had done.

The younger girl mumbled in her sleep, pushed her face further in her pillow and her hand splayed out on the spot where Jisoo lay minutes ago. Jisoo's eyebrows furrowed and after a few seconds, she reached out. She tucked the latter in the covers more, her chest aching at the sight of Jennie sleeping so innocently, so unknowingly and peacefully in her bed.

'What if it means something more to her too?'

'What if it still means nothing to Jennie?'

'What if--'

Jisoo hitched her breath when Jennie's hand grazed hers. She waited for the latter to rouse from her sleep, holding herself back from making a single sound. When there was no further signs of her waking up, Jisoo pulled away with her feet taking backward strides.

She bit her bottom lip before she turned her back on Jennie. She told herself she just needed time and space to settle herself first. She wasn't ready yet.

Jisoo wasn't ready for any talk with Jennie. It scares her. It scares her so much that talking unprepared makes her imagine saying one wrong word that could sprout different scenarios. She could see those jeopardizing everything she has with Jennie.

Her body seemed to move on autopilot the whole time. She showered, put on clothes and had her feet pacing out of her own room in record time. Before her brain trails back to every moment spent with Jennie, which still has her flushed and warm all over, she forced herself not to halt in her tracks. Not even Ji Woo asking her where she was going without having breakfast with Jennie stop her.

Jisoo briefly answered that she was off to see Chaeyoung and then she was out the front door, not even giving another thought about how she appeared to be to the head maid.

~***~

"Unnie!"

"Jisoo unnie!"

Jisoo's eyes widened in surprise at Lisa also being inside Chaeyoung's bedroom. The other two mirrored her expression, obviously noting her dishevealed look and red face as if she ran all the way to the Park's residence. They seemed excited to see her but the smile Jisoo pulled on her face wasn't on par with theirs.

"What are you doing here? So early in the morning too." Lisa asked as she rolled on the bed.

Jisoo wet her lips and dared to raise an eyebrow. "Shouldn't I be asking that to you too, Lisa-ah?"

"Oh, you know. We watched this movie last night and it got too late." Chaeyoung answered in Lisa's stead. She giggled when the younger one corrected her with movies. "You're sweating like tons... did you run all the way here?"