Chapter 9

I got dressed,

I yawned, walking downstairs, Mikey spent the night, it was a long night and I'm kinda sore

Mikey said" Are you sure you wanna go?"
I said" I'm going."
" Just be careful, and if they give you any problems, tell Luke."
" I will, I'll be fine!"
" I'm so going through your stuff while you're gone."
" I know, whatever." He smiled, I blushed," Just shut up."
" You look so cute, baby boy, gonna miss you."
" I'm gonna miss you too, Mikey."
Mum said" Have fun, sweetie, or at least as much as you can, and don't let anyone say how you look is bad, or who you love." I smiled, nodding my head, she kissed my head," Mikey, Calum has a game console that he has no idea how to set up and his old dinosaur mum doesn't know how to do it either."
Mikey said" On it!" A car honked outside, Mum and Mikey followed me out.
Luke was looking at me, he was half asleep still, and it's an hour drive to the drop off bus. Mikey leaned down and kissed him,
Luke mumbled" Hi, Mikey. Have fun! Come on, Baby boy, let's go!"
Mum said" Luke, please take care of him."
" I will, I will, don't worry about him. Worry about Mikey being in your house with a donor present."
" Mikey will behave because I've got his cousin's address." Mikey smiled, kissing my face multiple times, I squeaked,
" Okay, okay, you had your fun last night, and Ash the night before. Let's go, Baby boy." Mum put my bag into the back and I got in, Lukey wrapped his arms around me, kissing my head, I giggled.

I was staring at the bus,
Luke's mum said" Calum?" I focused again," I can still take you home, sweetie."
Luke said" Cal?"
I said" I'm good, let's go."
" Baby boy?"
" I'm okay, I've got this."
" You've gotta take off your collar, baby boy."
" What?"
" We'll handle it on the bus, okay? Not yet."
" I-I can't take off my collar, Lukey, I can't."
" I know, I know, I know, we'll handle it on the bus."
Luke's mum said" Oh, I wish your father's parents didn't find out. But if it gets too rough, you call Sarah, and she'll come up with an excuse for you both to come home." My mum had a whole list of excuses for us to use if it gets too much.
" Okay." She turned off the car, and we got out, I was fidgeting with my cube.
A woman walked up to us,
She said" Hello! I'm Ms. Daisy! It's going to be an amazing week, full of fun and Jesus! What's your names?" We both looked at Linda, Luke's mum,
She said" My son, Luke, and his friend, Calum."
" Hi, Luke and Calum. Nervous?"
" They've never been away from home without parents."
" Yeah, it's rough at first, but there'll be so much fun, you won't even think about it! Come on, let's get you on the bus."
" Okay, Luke, Calum, love you lots, I'll see you in a week."
Luke said" Yeah, don't forget about us, alright, I'm not against carrying Calum and walking home."
" I will not forget about you, and maybe I'll just let you walk." We laughed," Have fun, don't cause any trouble and please, don't get kicked out."
" We won't. He'll behave." She pushed his chest," I'll behave too, promise, kinda."
" Have fun, bye!" Luke grabbed my hand, leading me onto the bus, we sat in the very back.

Once the bus was moving, everyone was distracted, singing some song or whatever.
Luke whispered" Calum, they'll say all sorts of terrible things if you keep that collar on."
I mumbled" I can't."
" Why not?"
" It's always kept me calm since I came out and my donor last beat the hell out of me."
" It's for a week, and I'll protect you from all the dangers in this world."
" O-Okay... Okay." He unclipped the collar, I gasped, gripping his arm, whimpering.
" Shh, shh, baby boy, it's okay. See? Everything's okay, I'm right here and I'm gonna protect you." He saw my worried look," Oh, finally, without that stupid fuzzy hat." I giggled, shaking my head," What happened to it?"
" Mikey hid it."
" Good for him." I pouted, poking out my lips," I told you, we're gonna have to not kiss or show affection for a week, okay?"
" So long."
" Yeah, but maybe we can sneak away, okay?"
" Okay."
" I love you."
" I love you too."

We were at the camp, so many people were staring at me, Luke held my hand.
He whispered" They just can't see how perfect you are, Cal."
I mumbled" Okay, Lukey." We walked into a cabin,
A boy said" I'm Hunter."
Luke said" Luke, Calum."
" Hi! Are you excited for bible study? I've been practicing for the month."
" O-Ohhh.... nope, nope. Where's our bunks?"
" Over there." Luke led me to the bunk beds, I went to get on the top bunk, but Luke stopped,
He whispered" Not happening, you fell off Ashton's bed while you were running in your sleep."
I mumbled" That was once."
" 16 times isn't once."
" Shut up."
" Bottom bunk."
" Hehee, bottom."
" Yeah, you." I blushed," Stop blushing."
" I can't!" He put my bag on the bottom bunk,
Another dude said" So, who's excited for the scavenger hunt?" I heard a rally of yeah's, I scratched at my neck, not used to not feeling the leather of my collar. Luke hit my shoulder, I stopped instantly, he gave me my sketch book. I instantly started doodling, it was distracting my hand from scratching.
Hunter said" So, Calum, why are you wearing a girl's hoodie?"
I said" Because it's cute." Luke tensed up beside me, I tensed up because I just realized what I said.
" Cute? What are you, gay?" I gripped my sleeves,
Luke said" What the hell, man?! You just don't accuse people of being gay because they wear a kitten hoodie."
" Then why is he wearing it?"
" Because it's his sister's."
" Whatever. And you know there's a no curse words rule." I glanced to Luke, He was gripping my hand behind our backs. This is going to be a long trip...