18 chapter

Chapter 18

It was the same night. Danielle and Charlotte were in their room in the hotel. Charlotte has fallen asleep a long time ago, but Danielle was still awake. She was worried about her mother.

Why is mom thinking about dad? Danielle wondered. Her mom has never spoken about her real dad; accept that one time when she explained to Danielle who her real dad was, a week before she went on tour with Greyson and Cody.

Danielle waited until Greyson came back. It was around twelve when he and Cody did. Greyson came to her room but didn’t say anything. He just came, and thinking Danielle was asleep, he went to bed.

 Danielle waited until it was one o’clock before she snuck out of her bed. She put on her night gown and tiptoed to Greyson's room.

Inside, she quietly got onto his bed and lay next to Greyson. Greyson was asleep, but he woke up when he felt somebody hugging him.

“Danielle?”

“hi.” Danielle smiled.

“You’re not asleep yet?” Greyson rubbed his eyes. ” How are you, I mean, are you okay now? Your stomach?”

“Yeah, it went away a few hours ago.” Danielle held her stomach.

“Sorry I didn’t check up on you earlier,” Greyson apologized. “I came back late because there was an unexpected autograph signing and photo shoot session with the fans. And when I came to your room, I saw that you were asleep so I thought maybe I would just meet you tomorrow morning. I dint want to disturb you.”

“Nah, never mind.”

A moment of silent went by. Greyson took hold of Danielle's hands and pulled it up to his cheeks. Danielle smiled.

“Greyson, I have something important to ask you.”

“What is it?”

“Its, it’s about my mom.”

Greyson frowned. “What’s wrong with your mom? Is she fine?”

“She’s--, she’s sick.”

“Si--, what do you mean sick? Is it bad? I mean, is she-?”

“No, she just felled down the stairs.”

“Oh.”

Silent.

“So what are you trying to say?” Greyson asked finally.

“I-, I have to go home.”

“Why? You said your mother just felled down the stairs? Is her injury bad? Did she break her bones or something?”

“No Greyson, she just broke her right leg, but,”

“But-?”

“My sister said that she’s been thinking and worrying about my dad.”

This made Greyson surprised. “Your dad?! You mean, your dad, that dad? The one who-“

“No, no, relax grey.” Danielle cut Greyson's words.

“Then?”

“My real dad. The one who is a singer, the one I told you about.”

“Oh.”

“I'm worried about mom. Stephanie said she wouldn’t eat, and when mom doesn’t eat she could get seriously ill.” Danielle sighed.

“I have to be there, so she could tell me what's happening. Right now she has no one to talk to, and that might bother her too.”

“So you want to go back to America?”

“Yeah.”

“When?”

“As soon as possible.”

“Tomorrow?”

Danielle paused for a moment.

“Yeah, tomorrow might be good. You and Cody are flying to Philippines tomorrow afternoon right?  Me and charlotte could get another plane and fly back to America.”

“Charlotte’s following you too?”

“Of course she is. She’s my friend.”

“Does Cody know yet?”

“I don’t know. It depends on Charlotte whether she has told Cody or not.”

Greyson thought about it for a long time.

“But there are three months more. Can’t you wait until one month or at least two? I can’t live without you, if you go,” Greyson paused. “Then I don’t think I want to continue touring.”

“Grey baby don’t be like that.” Danielle kissed Greyson. “You have too, it’s your job, your responsibility.”

“Says who?”

“Says me.” Danielle smiled.

“But I don’t want you to leave.” Greyson put on a sad face.

“I don’t want to leave too, but it’s my mother. If it wasn’t for her kindness to let me go on this tour, then I wouldn’t even be here with you at all.”

Greyson gave no respond.

“Look Grey darling,” Danielle kissed him again. “I will call you every day. I will Skype with you every night, and I’ll DM you every time I go online.”

Greyson sighed. “Pinky promise?”

“Pinky promise.” Danielle laughed.

Greyson pulled Danielle's face and kissed her softly. Danielle smiled.

“I love you Danielle.”

“I love you too.” Danielle winked.

The next day, Greyson bought Danielle and Charlotte two tickets back to America. While him and Cody rode his private plane to Philippines.

He and Danielle arrived early at the airport; around 12.30 p.m. Danielle's plane departure was at 1.30 p.m. while Greyson leaved for Philippines at 2 o’clock.

The airport was full of Greyson’s screaming fans, as usual. Greyson sign their autographs and took pictures with them.

About fifteen minutes later, charlotte and Cody arrived. Cody didn’t look so happy. He was frowning hard.

“Yo, Char, what’s wrong with him?”Danielle ran up to Charlotte.

“He’s not that happy that I'm leaving.”

“But he let you go?”

“Of course.”

“How come?”

“Well, I'm clever at making words. Anyway, he understands. It’s just that he’s quite upset because, we haven’t been together for one month or so, and he’s afraid I’ll cheat on him when I get back to America.”

“Oh.”

Danielle and Charlottes plane was ready to depart. They said goodbye to each other.

Greyson hugged Danielle, promising her to be straight and to call her whenever he gets the chance. Cody, on the other hand, hugged Charlotte as if not letting her go.

“You can let go now.” Charlotte smiled.

“Promise me you won’t cheat on me?”

“I promise. Cody, I love you, and I will never cheat on you.”

“I believe you.” Cody smiled weakly. He looked like he was ready to cry.

“There, there, don’t cry!” Charlotte looked worried. “We’ll meet again. It’s not like I won’t meet you again forever!”

Cody smiled again, wider.

“That’s more like it.” Charlotte smiled.