16. believe in you

The boy walked into school, his hands gripping his crutches tighter as the anxiety started to sink into his mind. Connor, who was kind enough to hold his friend's bag, walked beside Brad. The school was empty since the boys were there early. Brad's mum had to drive them there because walking wasn't really an option for Brad.

"You look like you're about to piss yourself, dude,"Connor noticed as they walked to class.

"I am about to,"Brad stressed as the two friends headed for the Math class, "I feel helpless."

"You just had an accident, it's not that big of a deal. Plus, everyone knows by now,"Connor said and he was correct. With Brad being one of the most popular boys in school, the news of his accident during his last football (soccer) match had spread around the whole school. Despite his popularity, Brad still hated the attention he had been receiving the past week he was on bed rest. And it's not that he wasn't grateful for the messages his friends and classmates had sent him, it's the pity that everyone showed him that got on his nerves.

"I really don't want anyone to see me like this,"Brad sighed as they reached their class.

"You never know what this may bring your way, mate. Y/n will come and talk to you and something could happen,"Connor tried to encourage him but the mention of the girl he liked only made a frown appear on his lips.

"Oh God, I forgot about that. I was ask embarrassed when she texted me about it. She's gonna see me looking this pathetic,"the curly boy groaned as he sat down at his desk. He placed his crutches next to him and immediately pushed his hand through his hair.

"You're weird, you know? Anyone else in your shoes would be over the moon if the girl they liked was their friend and if they knew she'd come and comfort them,"Connor chuckled at his friend but Brad was growing more anxious by the second.

Before the boys could say anything else, students started flooding the school and circling Brad's desk asking him how he was and wishing him a speedy recovery. The amount of people around Brad only made him overwhelmed and he was starting to feel a little claustrophobic but thankfully, the bell rang and the Math teacher entered the class. The crowd around the curly boy dissolved, allowing him to take a deep breath. Everyone was sitting down, well everyone except y/n which both relieved and disappointed Brad. He didn't want her to see him like that but he had also missed her pretty face and soft voice.

After five or so minutes, three knocks were heard from the door, causing everyone's heads to focus there. Y/n's body slowly opened the door with a hesitant smile and Brad's stomach filled with butterflies.

"Could I please come in?"she asked and once the teacher nodded, she hurried to her desk and got her stuff out. She looked around the room, noticing Brad and offering him a small smile. He waved at her, his cheeks flushed as she noticed that his smile didn't quite reach his ears.

"I'll stay with you during break,"she mouthed at him and Brad nodded, his heart bursting.

After the lesson was done, y/n went to the teacher to ask him if she could sit inside the class because apparently she had a stomach ache. Since they had double math, her teacher allowed her to stay in and she thanked him before walking over to Brad.

"I'm all yours now,"she smiled, grabbing a chair and sitting next to Brad.

"Great,"he chuckled, shuffling on his chair.

"How have you been? Haven't seen you since last Friday,"y/n told Brad.

"Erm, it's been okay I guess. Kinda shitty,"he shook his head, looking at his leg which was wrapped in a big, bulky brace.

"Awh,"y/n cooed, rubbing Brad's bicep comfortingly, "How's the pain been?"

"It's alright. I still struggle with a couple of stuff but overall it's better,"he admitted.

"C'mon, B, you're a champ! You'll get back to kicking that ball in no time,"y/n encouraged when she noticed Brad's sad eyes.

"Don't know about that,"Brad bitterly laughed.

"I believe in you,"she assured him, wrapping her arm around his broad shoulders. The temperature in the room instantly rose for Brad, making his cheeks turn red and his palms sweat.

"Thank you,"he shyly whispered, leaning more towards y/n. His hand sneakily wrapped around her waist and his head rested on her shoulder, even if she was quite shorter than him.

"Brad,"she quietly called him. He turned his head to look at her, their faces one millimeters away.

"Yeah,"he answered in the same tone.

"I really do believe in you and your powers and I know you'll get through this, okay?"she repeated herself but this time, it was more fierce and reassuring for the injured boy.

"It's just hard watching all of my friends play football and everything and I'm just,"he rested his forehead against hers, "I'm just stuck. I don't know how to exist without football."

"That's not true, Brad. You're so talented, football is just one of your many talents. You can sing, you can play the guitar, the piano, the drums and you're just amazing. Never doubt yourself."

The two friends were staring at each other, their foreheads touching as the tension was only building up. Y/n's mind was clouded by how beautiful Brad's brown eyes were and Brad could only hear the voice in his head that was screaming at him to press his lips against hers.

"Thank you,"Brad mumbled, slightly pulling away with his whole face turning red.

"I'm always here, Brad,"y/n smiled.

"Can I ask you something?"Brad questioned.

"Yeah,"y/n answered, trying to calm her beating heart.

"Do you mind if I kiss you?"and with that, the corners of her mouth lifted into a huge grin and her heart was beating like crazy again.

"No...I wouldn't mind that at all."

________________________

this is inspired by a spanish soap opera
im currently watching and by
the guy i used to like some time ago
so yeah it's kinda personal i guess.

the idea is kinda weird i know but it's been
in my mind since forever so yeah
here you go people. i think tomorrow's imagine will be cuter and
stuff so yeah

also this is dedicated to tomsbigheart
enjoy dude hope i made you proud

hope you liked it<3

-sofia