5. "shit, that's hot"

"Y/n,"your best friend called from the counter, "Come here! You don't wanna fucking miss this."

"Coming,"you shouted back, placing the last plate on the cabinet with the plates. Working in a small, local cafe was fun and especially since your aunt owned it, so you could slack off all the time. However, what was not great was washing the dishes and cleaning out the place. You were fine with making coffees and cooking but cleaning just wasn't your thing.

"Look at them,"your best friend said, looking at a table with 4 boys around your age, maybe a bit older.

"Yeah, what about them?"you asked, trying to get a good look at them.

"Wear your damn glasses and you'll see,"she told you, handing you your glasses.

"Oh, wow,"you breathed out. The 4 of them were super good-looking and you were finally able to understand why your friend was making a big deal out of it.

"Go serve them, girl,"she gave you a wink and took a sip from her coffee. You rolled your eyes, throwing her a bored look.

"Shouldn't you be studying?"

"Shouldn't you be doing your job?"she shot back smirking because she knew you would eventually have to go and take their orders. You glared at her, grabbing your notepad and four glasses of water.

"Hello, welcome to Coffee Corner. Have you decided on what you'd like to drink?"you politely asked, taking a good look at their faces. They seemed familiar but you couldn't quite put your finger on who they were.

"Hey, and yeah we have. I'll take a cappuccino,"a blond one said.

"I'll have a double espresso with three sugars,"another blond said but his hair were a bit longer.

"What would you recomend?"the curly one asked.

"We make a mean latte,"you suggested and he gave you a small smile.

"Well, I'll get a latte then,"he answered.

"Great. And you, sir?"

"Erm, I'll have a caramel macchiato,"said the one with a nose piercing.

"Coming right at you,"you told them and walked off the the kitchen to make their drinks.

"How hot were they?"your best friend stood right behind you. You flinched at her voice, throwing her a look right after.

"For God's sake, stop doing that,"you breathed out, placing your hand on your chest, "And also, they were alright."

"Stop lying, they were hot,"she screeched and you shook your head, shooing her out of the kitchen.

While making the coffees, you kept on trying to remember who they were but you just couldn't remember. You made their coffees anyway and put them all on a tray before walking over to their table but of course some guy had to bump into you, sending all the drinks flying to the floor.

"Shit, that's hot,"a voice hissed and you looked away from the mess on the floor to see the curly headed boy standing up from his chair.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry! Does it hurt a lot?"you asked panicked, rushing him.

"No, I can take it, don't worry,"he lightly chuckled, looking down at the dark stain on his red button up. "It wasn't even your fault, you don't have to apologize or anything, love."

"No, there's no way. I'll get my friend to clean this mess and make your drinks, which are on the house by the way, and you,"you pointed at he short boy, "will come with me. We have to clean your shirt."

"There's no nee-"

"Yes, Brad there is a need for you to get your shirt cleaned,"the blond boy with the short hair said, obviously hinting something at Brad.

"Oh yeah, um, yeah let's go,"the boy, Brad, nodded, looking at his friend and then back to you. You didn't really pay attention since you were so embarrassed by what had happened only minutes ago.

"Aye, y/bf/n, can you clean up the mess over there and make the boys' drinks? Thanks."

"You never let her answer,"Brad chuckled as you guided him to the kitchen which was thankfully clean.

"She won't mind, I think she fancies your friends,"you chuckled, trying to find a cloth.

"Well, I think Tristan might thinks she's cute. I caught him looking at her,"Brad said and then it clicked in your mind. They were The Vamps. Cool band, cool songs but were never really a fan, you just listened to a couple of songs here and there.

"Wait, you guys are The Vamps,"you blurted out, blushing right after.

"Yeah,"Brad laughed when he noticed your red cheeks.

"Oh okay, I couldn't remember where I'd seen you and I would go insane if I didn't find. I really liked 'Missing You' by the way, great tune."

"Thank you,"Brad smiled as you wetted the the cloth. "You really don't have to do this..."

"Oh, where are my manners? I'm y/n,"you smiled and stuck out your hand for him to shake.

"I'm Brad,"he introduced himself, even if you already knew, while shaking your hand.

"Alright, let's get you cleaned up,"you told him and started rubbing the wet cloth on his shirt, trying to get rid of the huge stain. Silence floated between you and it was honestly kinda awkward so he decided to be the one to break it.

"So, how old are you, y/n?"

"24,"you told him, "And you?"

"24 as well."

"How come you guys are in Brighton? Work related stuff or just vacation?"

"Little bit of both. We came here to write a couple of songs,"he informed you and you gave him a small nod.

"All done,"you spoke after some time, looking at the stain that was almost gone.

"Thank you,"Brad smiled you two left the kitchen, walking back to his friends but before you were able to reach the table, Brad grabbed your hand.

"Yes?"you questioned, looking at him.

"I-I was wondering if I could have your number? You don't have to g-"

"Sure,"you cut off his rumbling, grinning at his red cheeks.

"Great,"he smiled back and from that day, he always visited your cafe and you two started hanging out, out of the cafe as well. And then, when it was time for him to go back to London, he asked to be his girlfriend which of course you said 'yes' to.

_________________________

someone requested that from my instagram and i thought it was
a cute idea.

hope you liked it and im sorry if the ending was a little rushed but it would turn out too big if i kept going lol

-sofia