12. insecure

"Brad,"you called, making his head turn to look at you, "Would you say my body is pear shaped or hourglass shaped?"you asked while observing your body in the mirror.

"What?"he asked confused, noticing that you were only wearing underwear.

"Yeah, I saw a post on Instagram and I was just wondering,"you shrugged, your eyes still focused on your reflection.

"Well, I'd say that your body is perfectly shaped,"he cooed, standing up from the bed and hugging your waist from behind.

"I have to disagree,"yous snorted, shaking your head. Your body was always your biggest insecurity; your legs seemed too thick, your waist looked weird and your boobs were awful. At least to you. To everyone else you had the perfect body but something in your head always doubted everyone and said otherwise, so you started to believe that voice in your head years ago. However, you were on terms with your shape. You had been hating it for so many years that it just wasn't even an insecurity anymore, it was just normal. It was normal to wake up every day and scoff at the girl in the mirror.

"Y/n, I know we've talked about this a million times but I love you and I love everything about you. I love your face, your body, your personality, everything. And I know that this doesn't help at all but to me, you're perfect and I wouldn't change a thing,"he stated confidently, making your cheeks flush.

"I can see every imperfection,"you mumbled, looking up and down the mirror.

"Do you think I don't have imperfections?"Brad asked, placing a soft kiss on your shoulder.

"You don't. You're literally perfect,"you told him.

"See, that's how you are for me too. No imperfections, no anything. Just a gorgeous, independent, kind-hearted woman that I absolutely adore and love with my whole heart,"he rambled, "And if only you could see yourself through my eyes, you'd feel like the queen you are, baby."

"Stop that,"you muttered, feeling some tears form in your eyes.

"No, y/n. It hurts me to see you feel insecure and shitty in your own skin and I want to find a way to help you. I want you to feel badass whenever you look in the mirror,"he squeezed his fingers into the skin of your hips and pulled you closer to him. His fingers started running all over your body, touching your stomach and your thighs and then moving to your chest and waist.

"You're perfect, angle,"he whispered in your ear, "And I'll help you see that."

___________________________

if anyone is struggling with body image
just know that you're unique and
special and even if it's hard please
try to work on loving yourself

-sofia