27. "no, you don't"

"I love you,"he said, looking right into your eyes.

"No, you don't,"you blurted out, peeling your eyes off his.

"That...that was not the reaction I was hoping for,"Brad said, sounding confused.

"You don't love me,"you shook your head, memories crashing onto you like a wave.

"Y/n, what are you talking about? Of course I love you,"he repeated, your hands shaking even more.

"You can't love, Brad."

"Can you look at me?"he asked and you hesitantly lifted your eyes to meet his, your heart breaking once you saw the tears that were filling his eyes.

"What?"

"Why are you reacting like this? I just told you that I love you,"his voice started shaking, "You never had to say it back but this- what even is this reaction?"

You turned around, shutting your eyes tight and taking a big breath, "You just can't love me, okay? I don't want you to love me."

"It's too late for that, isn't it?"he let out a dry laugh.

"Do you have a death wish for us?"you turned around, feeling the anger boil in the put of your stomach.

"I'm fucking confessing my love to you and you tell me, that I have a death wish? If this is a joke, y/n, it's not funny,"he looked at you, his face laced with fear and worry that he was going to lose you.

"Damn right it's a death wish. Did you have to say this now? Did you have to say this in general? We're doomed now, fucking doomed with that love bullshit, Brad. I-"

"Wow okay, thank you for calling my feelings bullshit,"he scoffed, sniffing and wiping the tear that was going down his cheek with his sleeve.

"Love is bullshit, Bradley,"you snapped, "The only thing it does is break people up, haven't you noticed? People think they're in love and then they break up! If love was real then people wouldn't break up all the time, they would love each other. But the only thing a person can love is their own self,"you fumed, angry tears rushing down your eyes.

"What does that have to do with us? We were fine,"he shouted and usually, you would've been scared. Now, however, your emotions were all over the place and the memories were fogging your brain.

"Love ruins everything!"you shouted back, "This supposed love has ruined so many families, so many couples and friends. I don't want it to ruin us too, I can't have it ruin us! It fucking did it to my parents and I can't lose you like that, okay? I don't want to lose you,"you broke down crying as you remembered about your parents' divorce.

"What?"Brad seemed taken aback, slowly realising why you reacted that way. That period of your life was something you had only briefly mentioned, never really going into too much detail. As silly as it sounded, 5 years later, that divorce still haunted you. It was a very nasty break up with loads of screaming, crying and much more that your brain tried to block out of your memory but was never able to.

"I can't deal with that again, Brad. I don't want to have to go through that and now it will be so much worse. We'll end up like them and like every other couple that loved each other,"you sobbed, hiding your face in your hands. He slowly came closer to you, wrapping his arms around your shoulders and pulling you closer to him. Your head was resting on his chest as you cried.

"We're not your parents, y/n,"he whispered while running his hand un and down your back, trying to calm you down.

"It's not just my parents, B. So many people break up and it turns out that they never loved each other,"you choked out.

"We're not other people, baby. You don't have to say it back, I'll never pressure you into saying it, but I had to let you know that I love you. Lord knows how much I love you, y/n, I couldn't keep it from you. And I'm sorry if I upset you but you had to know,"he explained, kissing the top of your head right after.

"It's not that I don't... you know what. I-I just don't wanna say it cause then it's over. We will be over,"you sniffled, bitting your bottom lips to prevent you from crying any more.

"I can't guarantee that we won't break up, baby, but that doesn't mean that I won't love you. And even if we ever break up, I still wanna make out time together the best for both of us."

"Don't say stuff like that, I don't want to cry any more,"you joked, making him chuckle and lifting some of the tension off your shoulders.

"Look y/n, I already told you how I feel and I can't take it back, can I? Just know that you don't have to say it back now, I can wait. I can wait till you're ready an if you never are, I'll still be around. I do not plan on leaving any time soon."

"Thank you,"you muttered, "And I'll say it, I promise I will, but I just need some more time."

"You have all the time you need,"Brad smiled, wiping your cheeks with his hands and placing a soft kiss on your lips.

_______________________

okay there's that lmao
im sorry this was so sad but i just watched high school musical the musical series and this is what came out so yeah. also i havent edited this so sorry for any mistakes

i promise ill write a cute one soon, it's just the fact that i L I V E for angst and
sad imagines

hope you like this<3

-sofia