Journey to Trishana

"My mom is alive!" Vanessa exclaimed. She could hardly believe what she was hearing. She had lost all hope and accepted the fact that her mom was dead.

"Yes I saw her in the void in the vision I had." Mr Harper affirmed and sighed as he rested his palms on the table before him.

"What else did you see?" Matthew asked, fixating his gaze on Harper. Harper suddenly seemed to have remember something else and he broke contact with the table, standing straight.

"Hecrydos, he spoke of something soon to happen." Mr Harper said.

"What?" Amber asked.

"Prime fire." Mr Harper simply answered and looked across the room to see if anyone knew what it was.

"What is prime fire? " Richie asked.

"The end of the world," Rafi replied, "a wave of fire that will destroy everything on its path" Rafi continued.

"What is in it for Hecrydos?" Hudson asked in confusion, "what gain does he have in destroying the world?"

"Once the earth is desolate, he'll populate it with demons and enslave survivors from every other race." Rafi replied..

"To do that, he'll need the holy grail meaning Mr Harper's visions before Jace's death still remains the same, Hecrydos still wins." Matthew said and sighed in frustration, ruffling his hair with his fingers.

"His death didn't stop anything, he died in vain". Hudson said in realisation of what Matthew meant.

"He wanted death and he got it, we need to move on to the next thing which is rescuing my mother from the void," Vanessa said and everyone looked at her, surprised.

"Essa, we..." Matthew said but got stopped by Vanessa.

"Don't, don't call me that!" Vanessa yelled, breathing tensely. Jace called her that and she didn't want anything that reminded her of him.

"I'm sorry, Vanessa, we can't do that, we can't open the door to the void again, we will end up giving Hecrydos what he wants, an escape," Matthew said.

"Moreover, the pendant has been destroyed and the Acrylys has been restored, so there is no way to open the void." Hudson said.

"Vera once did it to escape Valentine without the pendant and while the Acrylys was okay, she must have done it somehow, if she could, then we can," Vanessa said in certainty.

"How? We don't know how, we don't have to do this Vanessa, one life over an entire planet, Patricia is my sister just as she is your mom, so I'm not trying to be trivial or something, it's just logical, a life over billions, Moreover, we don't know how Vera did that," Matthew said, trying to convince Vanessa against the idea of rescuing Patricia. He also loved Patricia; she was his sister after all, but he could do it at the risk of others.

"Actually I do," Rafi cut in.

"Rafi?!" Matthew exclaimed and rolled his eyes in disbelief.

"I'm sorry Matthew" Rafi apologized and then faced Vanessa, "Vera wasn't just a werewolf, she also came from a family of very powerful sorcerers so that was why she was able to crack open a portal into the void, if we could get her mother, we could get ourselves a portal into the void." Rafi finished.

"Where can we find her mother?" Vanessa asked.

"Trishana," Rafi replied.

"Then tomorrow, we head for Trishana." Vanessa said and stood up to leave.

" Oh no." Matthew said.

*. *. *
.  
"I brought my rover, it's fully fueled so it should last us through the journey," Richie said as he entered a black rover.
Matthew, Vanessa, Mr Harper, Hudson and Amber then entered the rover and as Richie was about to start the engine a voice stopped them.

"Stop!" They all looked out to see Toshiba.

"Toshiba," Hudson said.

"I want to go with you," Toshiba said, "or don't I deserve to?" He asked.

"Get in." Hudson said as he opened the rover's door. Toshiba  climbed in seating by Hudson and then closed the door. The engine then stuttered as Richie ignited the engine before driving off.

The void.

"Your daughter is on her way to opening a portal to rescue you and I'll be finally free," Hecrydos said and grinned widely.

"The good side will always win, you'll lose, you'll fall on your knees, I promise you," Patricia said.

"There are no good sides, everyone does what is best for themselves."

*.**. 
Trishana.

"This is the farthest we can go, the roads from here would only damage the vehicles tyres, so we go on foot," Richie said as he stopped the rover.

Toshiba then opened the door at his side and everyone alighted.

"From Rafi's description, it should be this way," Matthew said and he turned left with the others following him except Toshiba who turned right.

"Toshiba, it's this way," Richie said.

"Lucille told me she was coming here, all I needed was a ride," Toshiba said and turned away walking off.

"May we meet again" Hudson softly muttered to himself.

"Can we get going please" Vanessa said coldly.

Rafi said Vera's mum came from the Vladdicus pack north of Trishana so it should be anywheeeere here," Matthew said as they came upon what looked like a small town of people.

"Here we are," Hudson said and sighs..

"Now, what do we do?" Amber asked.

"We seek direction," Matthew replied.
.
*.*. *.

Toshiba walked along a path with bushes on both sides looking around.

"With our level of technology, I wonder why we humans haven't discovered Vardasia." Toshiba thought to himself.

He began to hear rustling of leaves around him and instinctively, he placed his hands on his sword at his side. He stopped walking and stood in a lai stance.

"Ne fuya Di angu ya fudo," Toshiba heard someone say in a strange language as 4 people came out from the bushes.

"Who are you?" One of them asked.

"I'm Toshiba of royal pack, I come in peace," Toshiba said trying to sound as natural as possible.

"We could demand for an outrageous sum of money since he's a royal," one of them whispered, but Toshiba overhead and began to walk backwards slowly and suddenly turned around, running.

"En snik offa!" one of them shouted and they all ran after him, transforming into wolfs.
As they caught up with him, he withdrew two silver swords from his sides.
He leaped into the air, swinging his legs around in the air as one of them charged at him, planting a kick in his face. Another wolf  charged at him, but he swiftly swung his sword, slicing the paws the wolf brought at him, making the wolf howl in pain as blood flowed from the cut.

As two wolfs charged at him from both sides, he swung his sword in his both hands, slashing across their throats and then swiftly send his swords through their bellies before withdrawing it as they fell to the ground, dead.
Unaware that a wolf was behind him, he charged at the one before him and as he brought his sword down for the wolf at his front, the wolf behind him struck him, making him fall to the ground, unconscious.

*.  *. *. 

"We've asked all around and no one knows her" Matthew said.
" Are you sure we are in the right place?" Amber asked.
" I'm sure" Matthew said.
" Then what do we do?" Richie asked.
" We split" Vanessa said facing sideways and from the corner of her left eye, she caught the movement of someone from behind.
" Someone is following us" Vanessa said.

Questions?
Do they eventually find Vera's mother???

Who and why is someone following them???

What happens to Toshiba???