The kiss {Edited}

Chapter three

Arkadia wolf high.

Jace walked to Vanessa's room, hoping to show her something he had found while roaming the academy. He was sure she would love it. He saw it as his little way if repaying the gift she had given him.

He wasn't going to take Amber along, but he'll probably find a way to repay her. He sighed loudly before knocking on the door. He waited for some seconds, and soon the door clicked open just for Jace to see Amber.

"I'm here to see-"

"Vanessa," Amber said, cutting him short.
Jace smiled as she shut the door, leaving him outside.

The door soon opened, and Vanessa appeared at the door.

"Hi Jace." Vanessa smiled. She was surprised to see him here, but she hid it to avoid making him get the impression that she didn't want him here.

"Hi just came to see you, plus I want to show you something." Jace returned the smile.

"Alright, I'm coming, let me redress and grab my purse," Vanessa said, and turned to enter her room.

"Don't worry, you are beautiful as you are." Jace said, and grabbed Vanessa's hand.

***

Lucille

"Say it again," Lucille said as Jasmine praised her. Jasmine is Lucille's roommate, and she always listened to whatever Lucille said.

"You alone are the most beautiful and powerful of all, oh great Lucille." Jasmine repeated while Lucille closed her eyes, enjoying it, until a knock on the door spoilt it.

"Who the heck is that?" Lucille yelled, making Jasmine jump up in fright. She muttered a curse beneath her breath, and Jasmine stood up, walked to the door and opened it.

She looked outside and gave Lucille a feedback "No-one, it's your bf knocking on the other door."

Hearing this, Lucille stood up from her bed, shocked. She knew immediately that Jasmine was referring to Jace.

Jasmine knew everything about Lucille, along with the fact that Lucille had a crush on Jace, and that he hadn't even noticed her since he was always busy fawning over Vanessa.

"Jace?" Lucille asked, hoping to clerify.

"Yes."

"I told you not to call him my boyfriend until I win so I can hear it victoriously then." Lucille yelled at Jasmine.

Hearing Jasmine call Jace her boyfriend always reminded her of her current loss to Vanessa, although she was hell bent on winning Jace over; no matter what it took.

"I'm sorry " Jasmine looked down.
She was always intimidated by Lucille and never dared to look into Lucille's eyes when she scolded her.

"Whose room is that?" Lucille asked.

"Amber and...".

"Vanessa." Lucille completed the sentence in anger.
"Of course, who else? I don't know what that bitch did to Jace, but she's going to get it from me, and I mean really hard." Lucille yelled, and slipped on her slippers, and went out, watching Jace and Vanessa leave, holding hands.

"Where the heck are they going?" She muttered to herself.

***

Valentine - Palace of Vardasia

Council members sat round the long council table in the council chamber.

The chamber was painted in a light brown and sea blue color. The ceiling had violent scenes painted on them; huge chandeliers dropping down for them.