power outages and would you rather

Start from the beginning

"so do we actually have to go to bed now?" luke asks. "what else do you plan on doing?" emily asks. "i don't want to fall asleep. then the monsters will get us." ev says. "there's no such thing as monsters evi. and you have all your siblings and cousins sleeping in the same room as you." uncle fangs says reassuringly. "can't i sleep with my mommies?" she asks softly.

"you can sleep right next to me ev. i'm scared too but we can protect each other." aiden says. "and vivi sleeps on the other side. she's my best friend too you know?" evi says and aiden just nods. "does anyone want anything to eat or drink before bed?" uncle archie asks. "water." i say. "juice!" sebastian says. everyone else doesn't want anything.

all the dads go in the kitchen but uncle kev stays back a little bit. "by the way you guys have my permission to stay up for as long as you want. just don't bother the rest of us." uncle kevin whispers and gives us a thumbs up.

"your dad is the best." ella says. "i know. he's pretty great." kayla says. "i think we all have like the best parents ever guys. let's not fight about that one. no one would win." ang says. "true." gia says.

about a minute later i hear crying and a bit of screaming coming from where the steps are. i shine my flashlight in that direction and see aunt v holding vivian while she's kicking and screaming. "relax mija. you just have to calm down." she says and places her on the floor.

we all just kind of watch awkwardly but she eventually calms down leans on aunt veronica's leg. "you calmed down fast baby but you still have to get a consequence for hitting." aunt v says and vivi huffs. "i don't want to sleep here." she says and looks at all of us. "then where are you going to sleep?" aunt betty asks her.

"with mama and daddy." she says. "vv i already saved you a spot." ev says and points to a place right next to her. viv looks at her for a second but soon runs over to sit next to her and they both start giggling. "well that was easier than i thought." my mom (cheryl) says.

"does she normally sleep with you?" i ask out of curiosity but quietly so viv couldn't hear me. "she asks almost every night. of course we don't always let her because that would be letting her do whatever she wants all the time.  she loves cuddles though." aunt ronnie says.

"awww that's so cute." emily says. "not exactly. she tries to sleep with me sometimes and i just kick her out every time." fred says. "same. except sometimes i actually let her stay." lea says. "siblings of the year award." tayleigh laughs.

"everyone just start to get ready to go to bed. we're all going into our own guest rooms." uncle sweet pea says and all the adults leave.

"ok whose up to play would you rather?" brandon asks. "yes." i agree and we all sit in a huge circle on the floor.

"i'll start. um lea would you rather have no arms or no legs?" angelica asks. "oh god i guess no legs." lea says. "wait really? why?" ang asks. "because then i could be a wheelchair and get pushed around all day." she shrugs. "oh that's a good choice." luke says.

"thanks. kayla would you rather freeze to death or burn to death?" lea asks. "lea! what the hell kind of question is that?" kayla says and we all laugh. "you have to answer." gia says. "fine. um burn to death because i feel like that would take less time then freezing." she says. "not sure if that's scientifically correct but that makes sense." i say. "don't be a nerd." brandon says and i roll my eyes.

"next i'll ask ella. would you rather travel to the past or future?" kay asks. "future for sure. i definitely don't want to relive my past." ells says. "aren't you scared of the future though?" tay asks her. "nope. nothing can be worse then the shit that's happens to me in the past." ella says. "bad word." viv says and points at her. "she's allowed to curse vivi. she's 13." fred explains.