Amends

A/N: so,, like it's been such a long time and I'm beyond sorry. I've forgotten about the story, tried to edit it and alter it then gave up, and just so much. I'm gonna be in the process of taking the entire story and rewriting it, keep certain things similar and others not. I did write this when I was younger, and I realize that it was very cringy. But I will do my best to keep the same essence as I make edits  and hopefully change the story for the better. Or I could just keep it the same and continue to write it but in a better style. Only time will tell. Well, without further a due, here's the long awaited chapter. 4 years later. Stay safe and happy reads
Love, L. (Also for those wondering, I went by S for a long time but now go by L. Same person new name)

(Jesse POV)

When I told katie that she was forgiven, I knocked on the door and Kayla called back from.the other room.
"Jesse you know you and her cant come out until you make up."
"I know, and we did. I promise" I responded to her through the door.
Kayla knew I always kept my word so she unlocked the door and let us both out.
"I'm glad that yall worked it out, you two needed it." She said as she smiled at me and her sister.
"Yeah" I replied with a soft smile as I looked at Katie.
A part of me wanted to forgive Katie, a part of me already had. But the other part of me realized that what she had done was unforgivable, she cheated on me with someone who left her. Someone who walked out on her. She treated me like I was nothing, yet now shes trying to make up for it.

I quickly dismissed this thought as soon as I saw Tony and Britanny on the couch.
"How are you two love birds fairing?" I joked as I walked over to them. Tony sighed softly as he rubbed Britannys shoulder.
"We're doing fine, she's just a little tired now but shes doing better." He kissed her head as she slowly drifted to sleep.
"I'm so glad" I say as I sit in the chair next to them. "I know last night was rough but she'll come to her memories again. Right now all that matters though is shes safe."
"Yeah that's true, and I'm beyond glad she is."
Katie walked over besides me and sat on the arm of the chair I was sitting in, "so" she started, "are you and her a thing now?" She looked over at Tony.
"I dont know, but as of right now I'm not gonna push anything. I'm just gonna be here for her. And I thank you for all you've done to help. Tell your sister I said that too" he smiled.
"Will do." Katie replied as she leaned over onto me.

(A few days later)

I've been going over everything in my head, the whole thing with me and Katie. I said I forgave her, I see how much she regrets it. But I think this is just gonna take time, time for me to trust her again, time for me to get my composure again. I then pull out my phone and send her a text
"Hey love.." I hesitantly text
"What's up baby?" She responds quickly
"I.. just wanted to ask something"
"Are you okay?"
"Yes my love, I'm fine. I just wanted to know if you'll give me time."
"Time for what?"
"Time to sort everything out. I want to take it slow, I want to trust you and I want everything to be like before. But it's hard and I need time"
It was a few minutes before Katie responded
"That's fine baby, I promise. I'll give you the time you need. Just take whatever you need. I know I messed up big time and I dont expect you to forgive me right away. Just take all the time you need. I'll wait for you, I promise"
I smiled at her little paragraph, it made me happy knowing she'd wait for me, that she'd be willing to wait to make us better.
"Thank you" I replied then shut off my phone. With this final text, I looked over at the clock. I hadn't realized how much time had passed; it was now 11:49. My eyes started to get heavy as I slowly drifted off to sleep.