Seeing her

(Last night Katie POV)

I had just got into the shower when I heard the doorbell ring.
"Kayla can you get that? I'm in the shower" I shout towards her
"Alright," she replies
When I finished my shower, I stepped out and wrapped my towel around me. Since my bathroom was connected to my bedroom I could walk out and get my clothes. When I walked out I saw a girl on my bed, and Kayla was standing besides her. "She needed some where to lay down and I didn't have any other place," I sighed
"Who is she?" I asked
"She said she knew you. That you were her teacher." I moved closer to the girl and moved her hair out of her face. It was Brittany.

(Today)

Brittany had just woken and it was about 10:30. She tried to explain what happened but we insisted she lay down and not strain herself. "Can I have an icepack?" "Sure" Kayla went to the freezer and got one for her.
"Why am I here?" Brittany asked
"Honestly I don't know. You were the one knocking on my door last night,"
"I don't remember much from last night.." a slight tear ran down her face.

(Jesse POV)

We called Brittany's parents. Nothing. We called her brother. Dead end.
We called all the people we knew and no one said they remembered her leaving the party just that she went upstairs and didn't come down. Tony and I have been running across town looking for her, hanging up flyers wherever we went. The only person I didn't call who would probably help the most was Katie. It just hurts way too much to see her, plus I thought I was over here but now I need her the most. "Man fuck this," I tell tony as I pull out my phone. I scroll through my contacts until I find Katie and I hit the call button. I was about to hang up when she answered.
"Hello?" Her voice sounded concerned
"Um...Hey..." Tony hit me in the shoulder. Ask her he whispered
"Is it true..." her voice was beginning to break
"About what?" I paused "The drugs and the alcohol. Yeah"
No reply. I thought she would've hung up by now so I decided to ask.
"Katie have you seen Brittany like anywhere since yesterday.. She's missing," That time she did go silent.
"Come to my place and we'll talk," with that she hung up the phone.
"Looks like we're heading to her place." It was a 10 minute drive to her house which seemed like it took forever. She was standing outside her house with Kayla besides her and someone else wrapped in a blanket. Tony got out first and ran to the person in the blanket. I was thinking about staying in the car, but my body acted first. When I got out Katie ran over to me. "Im sorry," was all she said before she pulled me into a hug and wouldn't let go. Tears started to flow from her face as she kept repeating "Im so sorry.."