18. Finale

"Don't let go," Mark shivered, glancing around the abandoned carnival. It was so nostalgic for the two since they used to go here as kids...

Wait.

Minhyung gasped, quickly glancing at Hyuck. The other was smiling.

"Finally you figured it out, dummy dumb." He giggled, running over to a broken down carousel. All of the seats were gone, which wasn't new. Hyuck plopped down onto the floor of it, Mark following shortly after.

"How did I forget..." Leaning his head on Haechan's shoulder, holding hands with him.

The atmosphere was eerily quiet, only small creaks from the thing they were sitting on were making noise.

"I dunno! We used to go here all the time! Whatever happened to that?"

"I think I stopped going after my Dad died...probably that."

"Oh...Wait. Didn't we leave some sort of time capsule here? Or did I do that with someone else?" Haechan got up, searching around. Mark nodded in response, remembering the exact location of it.

He wandered over to an old funhouse, his boyfriend following behind him. Picking up a rusty shovel the two had left over 10 years ago, Mark started to dig. About two feet down, there was a 'clink!' sound, telling the two that they found it. He threw the shovel down. It snapped in two, somehow. Haechan reached into the ground and pulled up a metal box with the year '2020' inscribed on the top.

"Soooo...should we open it?"

Mark silently nodded, messing with a lock before it finally popped open. Inside were 4 letters, and an assortment of other nostalgic items. 'To: Mark, From: Donghyuck' 'To: Mark, From: Mark' 'To: Donghyuck, From: Mark' and 'To: Donghyuck, From: Donghyuck'. They took their respectable letters, reading through them.

Dear Mark,

It's March 7th, 2010. I am 10 years old! I have a dog and a cat. My favorite color is blue. I like to play sports and I like to write. My best friend is Yuta. My close friend is Donghyuck! How are you? Is life good? Did you become an author? Are you married? How many pets do you have!!!!
Please write back.

From: Mark

Dear Mark,

Hello! ^0^! It's your favorite, the one and only Donghyuckie!! I am 9, I like puppies! Are we still friends? I hope so!! What's it like in the future?????

From: Donghyuck

Dear Donghyuck,

My name is Lee Donghyuck, I am 9 years old, and it's 2010!! Right now I hav 3 pets! I hope you remember that! :D does the sun still exist??? What about ice cream????? Mark says he wants to be an ice cream man that's why I'm asking.

From: Donghyuckie!!!

Dear Donghyuck,

What's your favorite color?
How many pets do you have?
What's your job???
Please write back.

From: Mark

Haechan and Mark both laughed, showing each other the letters.

"Well, I guess we're still friends." Mark shrugged, joking around.

"And to answer your questions; Green, none, and I work in a café. Also how are we supposed to write ba-" He stopped, noticing something in the box. Haechan pulled it out, shocked. "What the hell?!!!! Why would you put that in there, me!! Aish...dumbass..."

The object was very important to him at the time they made the time capsule. It was his report card. From when he was 9.

Mark pulled another item out, staring at it for a hot second before finally remembering what it was. It was a birthday card. He opened the neatly folded item, reading it out loud.

"Happy Birthday Mom" The rest of the note was all scribbled with a red crayon, some of the page ruined with dried tears. His boyfriend tilted his head, peering over Mark's shoulder.

"Why would you put that in there?" He questioned.

"I dunno, next item!"

Haechan nodded, pulling out a Beyblade. He giggled, showing it to Mark before putting it back in the box.

"Should we bring this home? It's starting to get dark." Donghyuck suggested to which Mark agreed.

"Okay"

————————

They were now sitting on Haechan's couch, sifting through the items in the box. Outside it was pouring rain, a thunderstorm on its' way. The two were revisiting old memories, talking about whatever came to mind.

"Remember when we fell through the funhouse floor and got eaten up by bugs?" The Sun joked, Mark laughing and nodding his head.

"And that one time where we camped out near the Ferris Wheel and almost died from hypothermia? Oh my god, my dad was so angry!"

"The police brought me home that night, deadass!"

"Lucky!!"

"I was in tears like that shit was so terrifying for me!" He slapped Mark's chest playfully, whining. "It was not lucky!!"

"Says the one who won the lottery" Mark threw a letter back into the box, pinching the other's cheek.

"Shut itttt"

"Nope~"

"I love you"

"I love you too, dork."

The final curtain,
Has finally approached us.
The fire that burns,
Being put out at 18,
I finally say, The End.